Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Maps of Fingal - Skerries+Balbriggan

• 25-10-2011 4:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 31

Hi,

I'm doing a college project and am looking for some form of vector map of the area around the Harbour Road in Skerries and around the Harbour in Balbriggan.

Can anybody help?

Fingal County Council don't seem to answer the phone and I need to get it sorted as fast as possible.

It doesn't matter what kind of vector format it's in, dwg, eps, ai, but the more information the better.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

Hi there,

Balbriggan library have free access to the OSI maps website. Pretty sure you normally have to pay for access but if you use it through the library its free.

You can ring them on (01) 8704401 to make sure, but they had it when I worked there.

In order to use the computers there you need to be a member so, if you aren't already, bring some form of ID and proof of your address and they'll register you.

Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 shanemasseyman

you can 'view' the maps on osi on any computer and print them out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,894 ✭✭✭Chinafoot

you can 'view' the maps on osi on any computer and print them out

The library has (or had) access to the stuff that isn't available to the public without paying for it. There is (was) a specific login and password that they used. The public mapviewer on the OSI website - and I can't see anything other than this that is available to the public -isn't exactly detailed. The maps that I saw being used in the library were far more detailed.

The libraried often have agreements with sites like this, another example being the Irish Times Archive.

Like I said, the OP should ring the library and ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭GlennaMaddy

College library might have greater access to OSI than local library

• Registered Users Posts: 9,233 ✭✭✭sdanseo

• Advertisement
Advertisement