Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

art practical!!!!

• 08-05-2005 5:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 66 ✭✭

ah its getting closer (tuesday) hardly anybody on this board appears to be doing art for the leaving.im so alone.arrrrgh!if anybody is what craft ye doing???did ye have a choice of many crafts????? our teacher only did 3 and then 1 near the very end of the year (which is the one im doing )

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Doing the advert/poster, titles are faily sh!te....settled on Music - Food for the Soul. I'm doing the Composition instead of the Still Life, that story on the graffiti is ****ing hilarious, but it's a pretty easy piece to do ("dose" in purple on a "wall" background) and a little more interesting then the advert titles.
    Life drawing is a sinch, in the first handful of minutes draw a stick man with shapes of the pose and then fill in the sketch around it. If they see your working with a technique they'll probably be more lenient on your picture.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

Did mine already, its really releaxed and quite simple. However, WORK AT FULL SPEED, do not relax. I went full speed on the advert p[oster thing and BARELY got it done. Make sure you have ideas before you go in too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭hum

i did mine on thursday and friday, i did the poster the music food for the soul one and people in my class were abit surprised when i brought in my own materials, it went pretty good i think and do work fast as africa said, i worked consistantly on mine and finished it with ten minutes to spare.

life drawing and still life was on friday and that went ok too, the poses for higher level are abit weird but you can get it done easily if you work fast.
    ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 nikkc17

DOing my craft on tuesday(modeling a unity school plague) and then still life and life drawing on wed. Does anyone have any tips on the history?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Learn Manuscripts and High Crosses for Section A. Do some La Téne, Bronzeage etc, as well but concentrate on High Crosses and Manuscripts (doubt Manuscripts will come up though, had a great question last year for it)
    For Section B, learn 2 Pre Renassance, 2 High Renassance (i can't spell Renassance...) and 2 Impressionist artists and you should be grand.
    Section C, do the art gallery one (Portrait Exhibition in the National gallery's really easy to do) and do some revision over public monuments and decorating rooms.
    It's actually a pretty good exam. There's a huge variety of questions, and some of them are multi-choice, so you should be grand for it as long a you put in a bit of work.
    Don't forget to practice sketches either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭Lynibeth

My art practicals seemed to go great! thank god they're over is all I'm saying..:)

Advertisement