Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Concert reunions

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Per Liefsonson

I would like to agree with all of ye on Maiden. By the way, is anyone else going to Trivium? Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Mocha One Sugar

Anyone going to My Chemical Romance on November 10th?
    and by "anyone" i mean REAL fans that have liked them from the start (that being a year and a half ago) not just in the past three/four months....
    *glowers and hates mainstreamness forever*
    it's ruining so many brilliant band out there right now!
    BEWARE OF THE MAINSTREAM!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭carlowboy

Foo Fighters are playing the Point on the 20th of December, tickets on sale tomorrow....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I'm going, but I guess I'm totally mainstream 'cause I've only known them for nine months.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Anyone else going to Dragonforce? Plastic weaponry aweh!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Fu(k yeah!

\m/ O_o \m/

METAL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

and by "anyone" i mean REAL fans that have liked them from the start (that being a year and a half ago) not just in the past three/four months....
    Congratulations, you're a pretentious idiot.

Have to agree with Aonghus. I like knowing a few largely unheard of bands, but I'd like them to get the success and recogniton they deserve, instead of playing to tiny audiences their entire lives. The mainstream has an effect on artists though, and tends to enforce a policy of radio-friendliness. However, MCR have been a basic emo band since they started, and it wasn't a year and a half ago either: I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love was released in 2002, so at least know the facts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

I have to agree with It Wasn't Me and Raph. The people who go on and on about how they 'liked such-and-such a band before anyone else had heard of them, before they got popular' etc. and therefore are a 'real fan' do my head in. Yes, I listen to some bands that many people haven't heard of, no, I don't think this is a reason to brag or have competitions with others about who knows the most unheard-of bands. Yes, I listen to some bands whose popularity has grown, no, I don't think the newer fans are any less 'real' than me. And I would hate it if someone thought I was any less a fan of any band I've started listening to lately than they were because they started listening to the band a year or so before me.

Plus, Dragonforce is a likelihood for me. \o/

woot! \o/ Aine at Dragonforce!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 652 ✭✭✭Jim_Are_Great

I was listening to Zeppelin before anyone else.

You heard me.

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Shiney

I will be there :D (unfortunately though i'm going with a person i absolutely despise-but yasmin said she'll break in so i wont be stuck with that b*tch by myself)

The Melvins are finally coming! Anyone going to that?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

The Mainstream totally killed Boyz ll Men.

Liquorice wrote:
    I have to agree with It Wasn't Me and Raph. The people who go on and on about how they 'liked such-and-such a band before anyone else had heard of them, before they got popular' etc. and therefore are a 'real fan' do my head in. Yes, I listen to some bands that many people haven't heard of, no, I don't think this is a reason to brag or have competitions with others about who knows the most unheard-of bands. Yes, I listen to some bands whose popularity has grown, no, I don't think the newer fans are any less 'real' than me. And I would hate it if someone thought I was any less a fan of any band I've started listening to lately than they were because they started listening to the band a year or so before me.

Plus, Dragonforce is a likelihood for me. \o/
    I liked Rasputina before you!

I liked them when no one liked them.

Sheep. You are a sheep aine!

Dave: i would hardly call MCR emo, they are pop

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

I liked Rasputina after both you and Áine but not because of either of you, if that makes any sense, so I wouldn't call myself a sheep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Liquorice

Besides, even if you did start listening to the wonderful Rasputina because of us, it wouldn't mean you're a sheep, it'd mean you heard them because we played some of their stuff/recommended them/discussed them in a favourable manner and you had the initiative to take a look.

Got my Dragonforce ticket today! \o/

Ugh power metal... Sorry but I really don't like it... especially the damn vocals which constantly remind me of bad 80s pop. Someone's going to rip me apart for that now. I just know it...

*slaps* That's crazy talk! *Goes to listen to Manowar*

• Advertisement

I find Manowar hilarious. Come on, how can you not find them funny in their greased up, leather waistcoat wearing macho glory?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 114 ✭✭Manda5678

Yup! Woo CTYI ppl at MCR! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

I liked Rasputina before you!

I liked them when no one liked them.

Sheep. You are a sheep aine!

Dave: i would hardly call MCR emo, they are pop
    Good work defending emo from MCR there Matt, you should be proud.

a swift kick in the nuts will be proffered to you next time i see you Raphael
    I find Manowar hilarious. Come on, how can you not find them funny in their greased up, leather waistcoat wearing macho glory?

i find them arousing

You're getting beaten wiht a side-fringe now. :p

Sure he can do that with his own. Or his razors. Or put razors IN the side fringe. Er, I mean devil lock. :)

you are all Cúnts

Yep. Gonna cry about it? =)

heh, heh. Ahh, getting beaten up...

I'll ruin Lost!

• Advertisement

You do that, and I will find you in the middle of the night, wake you up, and kill you.

Remember, I know where you live. =)

Advertisement