Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying Dreamweaver Templates

• 06-10-2003 11:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

Just wondered if anyone has ever done this and if it's actually worthwhile? I am looking for a simple, but professional looking website with about 12-20 pages in total.

Had been looking at these guys as they seem to have some good templates - http://allwebcodesign.com/setup/templates.htm

Cheers,

Voodoo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 237 ✭✭FreeHost

Nothing wrong with buying templates, however there are pros and cons,

Pros:
    1. They tend to be cheep anything from 20 – 200 bucks
    2. Save lots of time
    3. Some of them are very good

Cons:
    1.Many people can buy them so you could see the site design replicated somewhere else.
    2. Some people see a template and say to themselves that this poor bastard can’t design that’s why he had to buy a template

Personally, I use templates like a pair of shoes, wear them for a while and then throw them out when you get fed up with them, that’s what I love about templates. If you have the time, patience and skill to design your own, then you could build templates yourself with the likes of PhotoShop.

If you are trying to achieve a brand, design your own.

If time is an issue and you like the design then buy the template

• Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭voodoo

Thanks Freehost! Good info.

The site I am designing for is for a videographer based in the midlands. I myself am only an amateur designer, but would like to offer a better site (it's actually for my Dad's business

Cheers,

Voodoo

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

There's a new Irish site offering templates (mentioned in yesterdays SBPost as well): http://www.web-temple.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 webtemple

Voodoo,

[edited by author]

I had a big windy story all about our site but didn't know about advertising on the boards!!!

And just checked out the SBP....well pleased with the review!!

Thanks for the info, bnsolutions.

Jer.

Advertisement