Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Knowledge of gods presence

Options
  • 13-11-2007 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,465 ✭✭✭

Feel like sharing this...

While I do try to pray a fair bit, often a week may go before I do so. Henceforth I often think "God wont want to listen...". Well I was proved wrong.

2 nights ago, I concentrated intensely, asking God for something. I said the angelus 5 times (Only thing I can remember properly!). Half way through the third one, I knew god was there, around me. There was an incredible warmth, I could feel it all over my body....It was unusually warm, the room was quite cold. As I say, god was almost certainly there.

He granted my wishes which I prayed for that night. What I asked him for would be not be achievable be me.

Just felt like sharing......

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

Feel like sharing this...

While I do try to pray a fair bit, often a week may go before I do so. Henceforth I often think "God wont want to listen...". Well I was proved wrong.

2 nights ago, I concentrated intensely, asking God for something. I said the angelus 5 times (Only thing I can remember properly!). Half way through the third one, I knew god was there, around me. There was an incredible warmth, I could feel it all over my body....It was unusually warm, the room was quite cold. As I say, god was almost certainly there.

He granted my wishes which I prayed for that night. What I asked him for would be not be achievable be me.

Just felt like sharing......

I know the feeling you feel like. Sometimes you feel detached slightly, but when you are certain of the Spirits presence inside you it's purely amazing. I get this when praying, reading the Bible etc. I'm truly glad that you have discovered the true God. I hope that you will keep in faith.

Good idea Wicknight, I don't think the abuse given by the secularists on this thread is helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,283 ✭✭✭✭Scofflaw

Jakkass wrote: »
    I know the feeling you feel like. Sometimes you feel detached slightly, but when you are certain of the Spirits presence inside you it's purely amazing. I get this when praying, reading the Bible etc. I'm truly glad that you have discovered the true God. I hope that you will keep in faith.

Good idea Wicknight, I don't think the abuse given by the secularists on this thread is helpful.

..atheists, not secularists...I agree, though. Jeering is hardly going to change anyone's mind.

cordially,
    Scofflaw

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭BrianCalgary

Thanks for sharing that Neon. Nothing like the presence of God.

However I am absolutely appaled by the reaction of ninja, Davemcg, Stevejazz and monkey wrench. Your behaviour is childish and I am interpreting to break charter 7.:mad:

Enjoy your week off.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Hello_everybody

Aww look at the cute little angry face:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,737 ✭✭✭Asiaprod

Aww look at the cute little angry face:mad:
    As this your first post, you get a warning, make sure your next one has some content or you get the cute little angry face too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,164 ✭✭✭Archeron

Having never experienced this feeling as described by the OP, should I consider it to be that God has not ever surrounded me with his presence, or is it that some people are more receptive to it than others? Perhaps God isnt listening to what I have to say?

Heaven knows I pray hard, but it all too often feels like it falls on deaf ears.

Advertisement