Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rookie Blue [ABC - US] [** Spoilers **]

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,634 ✭✭✭✭Richard Dower

The trailer looks half decent, i kinda lke Missy....so i'll give this show a shot:

I think i might like this show, kind of a lighter Southland, starts this Thursday:

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a230967/peregrym-rookie-blue-is-like-greys.html

Ratings, read the byline....it did pretty OK for a Summer pilot opener...but the real question is will ratings hold?, imo....no.

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/06/25/tv-ratings-thursday-rookie-blue-premieres-ok-boston-med-not-ok/55301

I saw the pilot, it was ok, nothing earth shattering or new, the story was pretty generic as was the overall feel of the show. Southland it is NOT...too light and fluffy in that regard. Missy gets the spotlight, the pilot pretty much focuses on her and her character, she messes up a couple of times (arrests an undercover cop) but pulls through.

I kinda like Missy, she's not the most amazing actress...just watchable, that guy from Everwood stars as well, that Effrim dude. I guess the other four rookies will get a turn each at screen time, overall Rookie Blue is watchable enough but hardly "must see", it's yet another cop show that does or says nothing to separate it from any other cop show.

But with a slow Summer it might be something to watch each week, least until proper tv shows come back in September.

• Registered Users Posts: 505 ✭✭✭Full_Circle_81

Meh, maybe it should be renamed "Blues Anatomy". Once I heard the overuse of background songs, I knew there wasn't going to be much substance to it.

Missy aint that bad though. She certainly makes more of an impression here (in just one ep) than she did in her whole time on Reaper.

Since its the summer, I'll stick with it for a bit and see how it goes. Its not amazing, but certainly didn't grate like most of the other new ABC summer shows.......:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

if the opening 4 minutes of the pilot os anything to go by this is absolute horse-****e

blues anatomy is right!

^ well alot of commentators mentioned the Greys comparison....even Missy herself compared it to Greys. Not 100% sure that's an accurate comparison, i has Grey vibes but i'm hoping later eps. do a bit more.

But for a Summer show 7+ million watching will have ABC hailing it a "hit", and firing out the press releases to show how great they are...meh.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a232635/smith-rookie-blue-humanises-police.html

Go'wan Missy ya good ting! :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭DeWitt

Oh yeah Ephrom from Everwood is in this too. I used to loved that.

Ep. 2 tonight...i'll watch but i'm not saying it's "must see" tv, Missy sells it for me....i really liked her in "Stick It", a movie version of Make It Or Break It.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/ustv/news/a236506/peregrym-being-female-lead-is-rare.html

Ratings held up pretty well for ep. 2 http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/07/02/tv-ratings-thursday-wipeout-bounces-up-think-you-can-dance-rookie-blue-slip-down/55950

Which wasn't too bad, bit better then the pilot....but the Greys comparison is now full on!, they've setup a love triangle, cops and detectves making out in closets, clients hitting on cops, partners throwing wuvey duvey eyes at each other, the "almost" kiss (sic).

Yup, Blues Anatomy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,082 ✭✭✭✭Random

Watched the first two episodes. Managed to watch the second one first by mistake!!!

I like the show. Looks like it has some good potential .. closest thing I've seen to Third Watch in a while (except this time we don't have to put up with ambulances and fire brigades!).

Looking forward to the third episode!

Ep. 3 airs tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,589 ✭✭✭Tristram

Random wrote: »
    closest thing I've seen to Third Watch in a while

Third Watch was pretty heavy. Rookie Blue appears nothing of the sort.

^ have to agree with Tristam, RB is very light stuff....dark and gritty it is not.

What the hell?....it got renewed for a second season (already)!

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/07/12/report-rookie-blue-renewed-by-abc/56811

A-ha!...so this is why it got renewed: http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/07/abc_picks_up_a_second_season_o.html#comment_list_bottom

They pay $350,000 per episode...PENNIES in real terms, probably the cheapest show they have, hmmm.

Missy must be getting small beans as wages.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,809 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Renewed already :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 24 jab1

my good god,i watched 15 min of this show and nearly vomitted out my ass this show was so bad.....i just kept wondering when they were going too break into singing....remember cop rock anyone....

Tristram wrote: »
    Third Watch was pretty heavy. Rookie Blue appears nothing of the sort.
    i'm looking for a show that deals with the day to day of policing etc. it's very like third watch in that regard. i know some third watch eps went a bit further though.

tonight is the next ep right?

^ yup....Missy does a pole dance, everyday police behaviour.

• Advertisement

each to their own opinion i guess. i'm eager to see a few more episodes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

I haven't made my mind up on it yet. Need to give it a few more episodes before I like it or not.

Anyone still watching?...i'm enduring it, only for Missy....but it's pretty cack!, it really is Grey's with cops, bad scripting and poor acting, shoe string budget.

Is anyone keeping up?....i watched ep. 7 - twas better then the last few, but it has these utterly CHEESY moments that make you go WTF?...utterly cliche as well, cops deliver a baby, cop gets shot, female cop shoots bad guy, female cop blubbers and falls into the arms of her partner, female cop regrets hooking up with said partner....

Having said that, the ratings are either consistent or rising: http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/08/06/tv-ratings-big-brother-leads-night-rookie-blue-battles-so-you-think-you-can-dance/59307

"While Rookie Blue was flat versus last week and had the same 1.8 rating as SYTYCD, it had more than a million more viewers" - it's a show aimed at the Grey's crowd, i personally wouldn't recomend it, and honestly i'm only watching it for Missy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭shinny

I caught all the episodes on this show over the weekend. It's a funny one. I like it, but I'm not really sure why! The acting is so hit and miss. To the point were in some parts it's really quite tragic, but then I see a lot of potential. I won't give up on it yet and, if I'm honest, it's a bit of a guilty pleasure!

Last night had a two part finale, did anyone watch it?...i gave up after ep. 8 or 9.

hoping to watch it later on. have watched the whole series. i'm a sucker for cop shows though.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,809 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Rookie Blue starts on 27th of February on Universal Channel

which season?

• Advertisement

^ season 1....season 2 dosen't start until June.

Advertisement