Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Favourite segment on Bosco?

• 11-05-2011 3:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭

I'd have to go for Faherty's Garden, I think I liked the look of the stop-motion animation, and the music.
    Also liked Sam and Sheila Spud in Supersavers, think I liked the idea of mad little yolks getting up to mischief in everyday places while we slept. Though now that I think of it, I hope no-one bought them and boiled them for a nice stew. Maybe that's why I can't find them on Youtube...
    I also remember liking a segment that was about some characters living on a beach, I think the main character had a globe for a head and a grandfather clock or some piece of furniture for a body. I know it was animated but can't remember much more.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

I loved the tongue twister guys!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,063 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

"Ruff" said Flaherty. He had an answer for everything. It was Seamus and Sheila McSpud, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,207 ✭✭✭The King of Moo

cosmic wrote: »
    I loved the tongue twister guys!

Ah, now I remember them, their necks used to get longer as their voices got higher! And they'd make a contented little sigh when they finished.
    "Ruff" said Flaherty. He had an answer for everything. It was Seamus and Sheila McSpud, no?

It was indeed. I think they had parents as well, but I don't think we ever got their names.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

The 'Magic Door'. All those brilliant milk bottle factories...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

I loved the rare occasion that they would actually show you INSIDE Bosco's room! The little bed and posters and all... ah memories!

• Advertisement

The 'Magic Door'. All those brilliant milk bottle factories...

I always found that so boring! I think when I was very young I always preferred animation to live action stuff, it was always going to look more colourful and more interesting. Though I didn't mind when he visited Dublin Zoo and talked to the zookeepers, as I was big into the animals, and they always used to sniff Bosco and look like they were about to eat him!

ElleEm wrote: »
    I loved the rare occasion that they would actually show you INSIDE Bosco's room! The little bed and posters and all... ah memories!

And they did it just enough so it didn't become ordinary and always felt like a special treat.

I always found that so boring! I think when I was very young I always preferred animation to live action stuff, it was always going to look more colourful and more interesting.

I've always been fascinated with factories - I love seeing how things are produced. And how newspapers and stuff are bound, that stuff fascinates me. I could have watched the milk bottles go round for hours :)

I've always been fascinated with factories - I love seeing how things are produced. And how newspapers and stuff are bound, that stuff fascinates me. I could have watched the milk bottles go round for hours :)

I would've found it interesting if they hadn't called it the "magic" door. The word just gave me visions of fantasy and high adventure the millk bottles just couldn't live up to :).
    Though I did like how all the adults seemed genuinely happy to see Bosco and were always friendly to him. If it were a lesser children's character they'd probably just be thinking about all the work they had to get back to, shovelling camel s**te or checking bottles :).

The adults were being paid let's remember, I'm sure none of them actually liked Bosco that much. Even I didn't like Bosco really, I just liked Phillip.

The 'Magic Door' wasn't too magic alright tho, I'll give you that much..

• Advertisement

The adults were being paid let's remember, I'm sure none of them actually liked Bosco that much. Even I didn't like Bosco really, I just liked Phillip.

The 'Magic Door' wasn't too magic alright tho, I'll give you that much..

I always liked to think they liked him, made me think surely boring old grown-ups loved Bosco, though I'm sure they were bored. Especially that one zookeeper he always used to talk to. "Jaysus, he wants to ask why there's no bleedin' polar bears in Ireland again!"

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Ah, now I remember them, their necks used to get longer as their voices got higher! And they'd make a contented little sigh when they finished.

Yep, that was them - I loved them! :D

Advertisement