Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

'48' Mobile operator - Prepaid offer - 3000mins & 5000 texts €10per month

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 32,865 ✭✭✭✭MagicMarker

Grindylow wrote: »
    No I'm not, it's simple Maths?! :confused:

48 Months.
    18-19 12 months
    19-20 24 months
    20-21 36 months
    21-22 48 months

understand?
    It's 18-22 year olds inclusive, not 18-21 year and 364 day olds.

Honest to christ!

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭kneejerk

looks like a scam to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 43,774 ✭✭✭✭Basq

gizmo555 wrote: »
    If it was the case, any club in the country that's 21 / 23 only would have been shut down.

EDIT: Actually, this probably isn't the best place for this discussion!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,948 ✭✭✭gizmo555

Basq wrote: »
    If it was the case, any club in the country that's 21 / 23 only would have been shut down.

Your point being?

Summary of Equal Status

. . . .

There are separate provisions on discriminatory clubs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Their Terms & Conditions page is blank :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭Kenny Logins

On the internet I am 21.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

dilallio wrote: »

No T&Cs, no Comreg licence, no Pricing and Tariffs, No proper Customer Charter and no Contact address.

Better get yeerselves a new credit card lads. Looks like a scam to me. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,545 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

Can be faked I know but...

[whois.domainregistry.ie]

% Rights restricted by copyright; http://iedr.ie/index.php/mnudomregs/mnudnssearch/96
    % Do not remove this notice

domain: 48months.ie
    descr: Telefonica Ireland Limited
    descr: Body Corporate (Ltd,PLC,Company)
    descr: Discretionary Name
    admin-c: AOE562-IEDR
    tech-c: HH36-IEDR
    renewal: 14-December-2015
    nserver: ns0.reg365.net
    nserver: ns1.reg365.net
    nserver: ns2.reg365.net
    source: IEDR

person: Andrew Farrell
    nic-hdl: AOE562-IEDR

person: NamesCo Hostmaster
    nic-hdl: HH36-IEDR

• Registered Users Posts: 28,067 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Basq wrote: »

EDIT: Actually, this probably isn't the best place for this discussion!

I've started this http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056531486 this thread should be locked until there's more information available to prevent people handing over personal details until their verified as being legal.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

dilallio wrote: »

It's not launching proper until Monday

• Advertisement

RangeR wrote: »
    It's not launching proper until Monday

There taking customer details posing as a telecoms company, have they a license to do so?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,861 ✭✭✭Simi

Sponge Bob wrote: »
    No T&Cs, no Comreg licence, no Pricing and Tariffs, No proper Customer Charter and no Contact address.

There's way too much detail on the site for it to be a scam. They probably just haven't gotten around to it yet. Whether they'll last more than a few months is another question though.

There taking customer details posing as a telecoms company, have they a license to do so?

I don't have an answer to that question

Where on the ComReg site can I check this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

It's 18-22 year olds inclusive, not 18-21 year and 364 day olds.

Honest to christ!

You mustn't understand the concept of to 22. It's up to 22, not up to 22 and 1 day old. Just like in maths it would be <22 not </equal to 22.

edit: Proof

"If you're living in those reckless 48 months between your 18th and 22nd birthday"

• Registered Users Posts: 8,855 ✭✭✭Soarer

connundrum wrote: »
    I don't know how I'll break this news to me ma :(

Don't worry, I'll tell her later! ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 360 ✭✭djrichard

Seems illegal . . . .

Summary of Equal Status

The Equal Status Act 2000 came into force on the 25th October 2000.
    It was amended by the Equality Act 2004 on the 19th July 2004.
    The Acts relate to discrimination based on the following 9 grounds: Gender, Civil Status, Family Status, Age, Race, Religion, Disability, Sexual Orientation, Membership of the Traveller community.
    The Acts apply to people who:
    Buy and sell a wide variety of goods,
    Use or provide a wide range of services,
    Obtain or dispose of accommodation,
    Attend at, or are in charge of, educational establishments,
    There are separate provisions on discriminatory clubs.
    However all complaints must relate to at least one of the 9 discriminatory grounds listed in the previous point.

Its clearly not illegal to restrict your services to a certain age group. Unless there is some "special" law that insurance companies use, because they restrict their services based on age and several other factors. There are many clubs for people of a certain age, if it was illegal, Im fairly sure someone would have taken action by now.

I love how everyone is saying its a scam, so quick to pass judgement without much grounds for it. Paranoia kicking in.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

It is a legit business as someone said already its soft launched now and will be launching proper next week.
    Sponge Bob wrote: »

gandalf wrote: »
    It is a legit business as someone said already its soft launched now and will be launching proper next week.

Have you a link to prove that statement? They do not have a telecoms license listed on the comreg site with all the other operators.
    They also don't offer phone support for a phone service, I'd presume the consumer protection agency would require that if your a utility provider.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,343 ✭✭✭beazee

kneejerk wrote: »
    looks like a scam to me!
    Website is registered to O2 parent company - seems legit.

domain: 48months.ie
    descr: Telefonica Ireland Limited

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Stupidest thing I have seen in a while.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 462 ✭✭garion

Terms and Conditions are up there now...

T&C

11. Ownership of Numbers and SIM Card
    11.1 You do not own the telephone number we provide you as part of the 48 Services and we may change the telephone number we provide you at any time for operational and technical reasons.

Linky

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

I am not going into detail how I know, I just do.

As for Comreg how often do they update their site? I have a distinct feeling it's not a live system ;)

Have you a link to prove that statement? They do not have a telecoms license listed on the comreg site with all the other operators.
    They also don't offer phone support for a phone service, I'd presume the consumer protection agency would require that if your a utility provider.

garion wrote: »
    Terms and Conditions are up there now...

T&C

Where's their contact details, company reg number etc. The website has to show
    • Company Registration Name
    • Registration Office
    • Company Registration Number
    along with contact details and email address.

I don't see these on the website, the company who own't the website o2 is committing a criminal offence right now by not having those details listed.

If you want phone support, go with a different company who charge more.

I really think a lot of people are throwing their toys out of the pram on this one. The age thing is a marketing gimmick. I can't see anything in the T's & C's limiting the service to a particular age group. They are targeting the 18-22 demographic but not limiting themselves to it.

I really think a lot of people are throwing their toys out of the pram on this one.

The website as it is illegal, persona data is being collected on it now by o2, they are breaking the law. Its not about throwing toys out of the pram it's about protecting peoples personal data.

Link to website should be snipped until o2 are compliant with this website.

The website as it is illegal

Semi related, can you provide

• Registration Office

for O2 Ireland? Maybe www.o2.ie is illegal?

I'm not aware of the absolute requirement to have this information published on a companies website.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 jondu

Where's their contact details, company reg number etc. The website has to show
    • Registration Office
    along with contact details and email address.

I don't see these on the website, the company who own't the website o2 is committing a criminal offence right now by not having those details listed.

http://www.48months.ie/boiler-plate/privacy
    We”, “us” and “our” means Telefónica Ireland Limited (trading as “48”), a company registered in the Republic of Ireland under company number 234895 and with a registered office located at 28/29 Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland. 48 is committed to respecting your privacy and complying with all data protection and privacy laws.

Semi related, can you provide

• Registration Office

for O2 Ireland? Maybe www.o2.ie is illegal?

I'm not aware of the absolute requirement to have this information published on a companies website.

Well then o2 is also breaking the law. Vodafone & 3 have that information on their website. I've failed to find it on meteor.

The law is here http://www.odce.ie/en/media_information_notices_article.aspx?article=c951ecd7-f186-41b4-bbbd-3e5d6db81d0b , is's punishable with a fine and is a criminal offence.

• Advertisement

jondu wrote: »
    http://www.48months.ie/boiler-plate/privacy
    We”, “us” and “our” means Telefónica Ireland Limited (trading as “48”), a company registered in the Republic of Ireland under company number 234895 and with a registered office located at 28/29 Sir John Rogerson’s Quay, Dublin 2, Ireland. 48 is committed to respecting your privacy and complying with all data protection and privacy laws.

48 is not registered with the Cro as a trading name of o2. Somebody is making this up as their going along.

Advertisement