Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How Bout Dem Bears?

• 20-09-2010 4:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

Who had em down for a 2-0 start

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,608 ✭✭✭themont85

Not many. Those having Cutler down as an overrated player who would underachieve may need to re-evaluate, tbh I don't see why he was put in that bracket this year. The guys a beast considering how many hits he takes, one of the most hated players in the league is a tough guy who doesn't bitch about his linemen.

They can't run the ball which will stop them making a run beyond the first playoff round if they make it.

Fair play to the Chiefs and Tampa too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,287 ✭✭✭davyjose

Cutler made some incredible throws last night. Chicago are finally starting to see what they invested in.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,134 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

My prediction of 5-11 Isn't looking so good now. I'm eating my crow at the minute.

Martz is an absolute genius along with Tice. The adjustments yesterday were perfect.

One win from the next 2 games and I'll be delighted with this start.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,299 ✭✭✭spiralism

Cutler lighting it up in Chicago atm, with Kyle Orton playing very well over in Denver too... both teams benefiting from the trade, imagine that!

That said, stern tests next week for both of them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,317 ✭✭✭HigginsJ

Cutler is one of my favourite players. The pass to Knox was incredible. Prob one of the strongest arms in the NFL.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

Cutler's numbers on Sunday.
    CMP ATT YDS CMP% LNG TD INT RAT
    21 29 277 72.4 59 3 0 0 136.7

Basically he is credited with 8 incompletions on the day.

4 were deliberate throwaways when protection broke down
    1 was dropped (on a brilliantly thrown ball) to Hester

A far as I am concerned, he was 21/25 on the day. That's an amazing day out.

My opinion is that his last two games, with that O-line and a half-decent set of receivers, Cutler has been incredible. It's early days yet though, and at any moment he could throw 3 picks.

@ Rented Mule. The QB gets the credit when a Receiver makes a ridiculous one handed catch, or takes a short pass 50 yards into the end zone, so it's only fair they take the hit for poor protection or dropped balls. I forget which one ... but one of his receivers made a crazy one handed catch last night, if I'm not mistaken?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Devon Hester did make a great one handed catch last night for a TD

• Registered Users Posts: 5,152 ✭✭✭Rented Mule

davyjose wrote: »

@ Rented Mule. The QB gets the credit when a Receiver makes a ridiculous one handed catch, or takes a short pass 50 yards into the end zone, so it's only fair they take the hit for poor protection or dropped balls. I forget which one ... but one of his receivers made a crazy one handed catch last night, if I'm not mistaken?

As pointed out in the thread above, Devin Hester made a great catch in the end zone for the TD. The truth of the matter is that if you can get your hands on the ball, you should catch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭bobby wade

Bears are 4-0 in last 4 games & I think Cutler has a 100+ in all 4

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,849 ✭✭✭Spongey1975

Cutler has been fantastic behind an extremely dodgy O-line and his apparently weak receiver corps are backing him up nicely. That said its only 2 games in and we have a very difficult schedule so anything is possible. The packers on sunday will be a real test even at soldier field.

I have to give a lot of credit to the defence. They are stuffing the run which was a big weakness in previous years and hitting hard in the secondary and causing turnovers which is always a Bears strength. I think Romo came out and said that he was intentionall throwing the ball to very difficult areas for his receivers to catch to avoid them taking huge hits which would have meant more incompletions.

Still some work to do, get the run going being the main point but with Cutlers arm the run was always going to be secondary. I went into the season worried that we would get our asses handed to us most weeks but now at least i know we will compete well with any team

• Registered Users Posts: 16,101 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

bobby wade wrote: »
    Bears are 4-0 in last 4 games...

And so are the Packers, and who's up next? A pity it's on Tuesday morning.

gonna be a cracker

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭dl

Pherekydes wrote: »
    And so are the Packers, and who's up next? A pity it's on Tuesday morning.

Working night shift on Monday... hope I can hook up to it online somewhere! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,646 ✭✭✭cooker3

Too early to be saying that much about them. They beat a poor Dallas side and Detroit. Monday will give a much better idea where they stand.
    As a Packers fan Monday can't come quick enough :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

Packers and Bears

The oldest rivalry in professional football by a long way!

Roll on Monday night

cooker3 wrote: »
    Too early to be saying that much about them. They beat a poor Dallas side and Detroit. Monday will give a much better idea where they stand.
    As a Packers fan Monday can't come quick enough :)

Two years ago the Pack were a 6-10 team. Things change fast in the NFL!!! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 223 ✭✭cheesehead

Nice early season match-up. That 6-10 Packer team was the youngest in the NFL (and Rodgers first year starting). A little more experience, pick-up a pretty good linebacker last year, ....and as the locals say here, oh yeah -
    Da Bears still suck!

Well done Bobby, but you know I can't let that go unanswered:

• Advertisement

LOL

Is it too early for this Bobby?

I gotta admit, I only got through about the first 40 seconds, then had to look away.

LOL, just a tad early

DEVIN HESTER

YOU

ARE

RIDICULOUS

• Registered Users Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭me-skywalker

• Registered Users Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭davetherave

Well that was horrific :o

Nine first half sacks on Jay. I think the first one was a bit hard and made him forget that he actually has to throw the ball ??? :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

roll eyes if ya want & I was pretty damn harsh on Cutler after the game but after rewatching & from whats been said he got his concussion on the 4th sack so I'll go easier on him. Awful performance by the Bears & that has to be the worst OL I've ever seen play EVER

Panthers next week should get us back on track

Advertisement