Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Electricity assessors

Options
  • 04-12-2014 3:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Hi,

In spite of efforts to reduce consumption, my electricity bills remain really high.

Is it possible to get an assessor out to the house to prehaps identify why exactly is draining/using the energy?

Anyone know of any companies that do this type of thing?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,259 ✭✭✭✭ted1

kiva989 wrote: »
    Hi,

In spite of efforts to reduce consumption, my electricity bills remain really high.

Is it possible to get an assessor out to the house to prehaps identify why exactly is draining/using the energy?

Anyone know of any companies that do this type of thing?

Thanks
    How many kwh units are you using per day?
    When did you last change provider?
    What type light bulbs do you use?
    What age are you appliances, do they have an energy rating?
    How do you heat your home ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 6,376 Mod ✭✭✭✭Macha

Yes, you can get an SEAI registered BER assessor. You can find more information here: http://www.seai.ie/Your_Building/BER/

But yes, as ted1 suggests, there are some simple questions you can answer based on your bills and appliances.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 envaction

I"m sure that they do have something that you can buy to tell you what's using all the power. I'm not sure what it is, but I would assume that you can. You have to really unplug anything that you can in order to keep the bill down. Even if say your TV is plugged in and it's off, it's still using the power because it's plugged in. I know that a nighttime I will pretty much unplug everything so that it's not still running.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,104 ✭✭✭✭djpbarry

Old thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement