Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free games thread

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

LOTR online is fun.

Star Trek not so much.

Is LOTR online free?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 17,130 Mod ✭✭✭✭cherryghost

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    Is LOTR online free?

Yep! Up to Level 75 :P Was in the closed beta for the F2P model, I enjoyed it very much. Probably one of the best F2P MMOs on the market right now in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Yeah LOTR is really good, the first MMORPG I enjoyed, didnt mind paying for the after 75 stuff and the expansions at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,909 ✭✭✭sarumite

LOTR online is fun.

Star Trek not so much.

I tried both, neither really grabbed me. I never got passed the first part of LOTRO. It starts way way too slow. I think I gave it 5 hours.

Star trek was better in terms of pacing, however ship combat dragged a bit and the ground stuff was just really bad. Honestly, they need to completely overhaul the 3rd person engine they are using for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

Does anyone remember The Nameless Mod? It needs a copy of Deus Ex to run, but it's a fantastic total conversion mod and it's well worth the download for any Deus Ex fan imho.

Writeup from PCGamer.co.uk here.

If you decide to give it a try, remember to update it to the very latest version, and don't ever, ever overwrite any save file. Create a new savegame any time you want to save.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭a5y

Got a Dreamcast?

Details of a free indie Dreamcast game posted on the boards.ie Sega Forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭gambit83

TheDoc wrote: »
    ChampionShip Manager 00/01 is free now from the makers.

There is a pretty big community behind it who keep the game updated to the most recent transfer market and include up to date player packs and icons aswell.

Unfortunately its a bitch to get running on Windows 7, while I have it going ok on my laptop, have abandoned all hope on my main PC.

Considered one of the best football management sim games ever made

nice, any link?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,910 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Freebie puzzle-platformer, starts off with your death and is stuffed with existentialist bits, and still actually manages to be fun enough, heavy subject and all.

http://www.playtheend.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 4 CruxZ

League of Legends the most played online game today and its free
    Free to download and play just follow the link and register/download the game and you are ready to go > >>
    http://signup.leagueoflegends.com/?r...a47b0855241151

you can check out the trailer if you like> (not really a trailer,its the championship final 2012, but youll get the drift of what the game is like)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0Z-j-94KKQ

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement