Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Gaming Humour

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,303 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

Jesus that's 2 generations back!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Sabre0001 wrote: »
    Also stolen...

Red Dead 2 on various platforms:

ryy19wagl2qz.jpg

Meanwhile in emulation:
    Red Dead Redemption @ 4K
    https://imgur.com/a/76bU2
    https://rpcs3.net/blog/2017/10/08/introducing-high-resolution-rendering/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,806 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

K.O.Kiki wrote: »

Pity it's the crappy PS3 version. Emulation might sort framerate issues but there's a lot of visual effect and texture detail compromises as far as I recall.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,514 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Time to dust this one off.

DLybQkcW0AAFGdb?format=jpg

• Advertisement

^^

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

That dude is due a serious cardiac event soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Infernum

Not sure if anyone here is an AVGN fan or not, but his Game Boy Accessories episode is amusing.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Boogie will live on forever.

He had gastric bypass surgery.
    He's lost about 5 stone I think.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

DL3auhTXkAAbwmj.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

852.gif

Skerries wrote: »
    wgRKHIO.gif

He can't accelerate

• Registered Users Posts: 3,613 ✭✭✭Gamer Bhoy 89

Infernum wrote: »

Not sure if anyone here is an AVGN fan or not, but his Game Boy Accessories episode is amusing.

Love that lad. One of my go-to channels on Youtube for retro reviews. Hilarious

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    He can't accelerate

Probably doesn't miss out anything either way even he just sat there turning the steering wheel :P

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,094 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Wolfenstein marketing remains seriously on point tbh:

https://twitter.com/wolfenstein/status/919684333207568385

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

Wolfenstein marketing remains seriously on point tbh:

Seriously tempted to buy this at full price now, I've got to respect any PR team that are willing to take a risk on taking on a potentially tricky subject and facing it head on.

Kind of refreshing, compared to how games companies usually deal with problems like that (David Cage dealing with questions about Detroit being the most recent example; "No, no, this game about an android revolution and how they hate us isn't about anything actually!")

• Advertisement

I'm definitely buying Wolfenstein at full price. Not because of their advertising, but because The New Order was such a suprisingly good game and, from what I've heard, Old Blood keeps the quality up (?)

Definitely have high hopes for #2.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,260 CMod ✭✭✭✭Nody

CatInABox wrote: »
    Seriously tempted to buy this at full price now, I've got to respect any PR team that are willing to take a risk on taking on a potentially tricky subject and facing it head on.
    I hope someone tweeted it to Trump with the caption: "This is how you do it"

Kind of refreshing, compared to how games companies usually deal with problems like that (David Cage dealing with questions about Detroit being the most recent example; "No, no, this game about an android revolution and how they hate us isn't about anything actually!")

Smyths are selling it for €50 if preordered in store, cracking value for a new release.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Smyths are selling it for €50 if preordered in store, cracking value for a new release.

No thats just what most pay if they dont go to gamestop, you can even get some cheaper! Argos will do it around that price also i bet.

EDIT: Although checking Argos just now, they seem to be turning into rip off merchants also, feck sake!

nix wrote: »
    No thats just what most pay if they dont go to gamestop, you can even get some cheaper! Argos will do it around that price also i bet.

EDIT: Although checking Argos just now, they seem to be turning into rip off merchants also, feck sake!

Thats what you would normally pay by importing from the UK online, not what you would pay here at retail.

• Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭lankz92

Thats what you would normally pay by importing from the UK online, not what you would pay here at retail.

Smyths and argos are pretty close to €50 on most new games. They just put the price up a week later to €60/70 whatever rrp is.
    Argos tend to have a release day discount. Smyths seem to do a discount if you preorder.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,697 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Um, what's so risky here?

Nazis are bad.
    Fictional Nazis are literally evil.

Kill them all.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,232 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatInABox

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Um, what's so risky here?

Nazis are bad.
    Fictional Nazis are literally evil.

Kill them all.

As much as I'd like it to be different, there's a Nazi element in America that has grown more powerful/accepted over the last few years. Because they support Trump vocally and near unconditionally, he has responded by empowering them in turn.

That's why I think it's risky, anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,226 ✭✭✭✭Penn

As much as I'd like it to be different, there's a Nazi element in America that has grown more powerful/accepted over the last few years. Because they support Trump vocally and near unconditionally, he has responded by empowering them in turn.

That's why I think it's risky, anyway.

Plus the "Make America Nazi-Free again" slogan they used which is obviously a reference to "Make America Great Again" which some of Trump's supporters took as meaning they were being called Nazis even though anyone who isn't a Nazi would surely think that Make America Great Again and Make America Nazi-Free Again aren't conflicting statements.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 399 ✭✭angryIreGamer

Penn wrote: »
    Plus the "Make America Nazi-Free again" slogan they used which is obviously a reference to "Make America Great Again" which some of Trump's supporters took as meaning they were being called Nazis even though anyone who isn't a Nazi would surely think that Make America Great Again and Make America Nazi-Free Again aren't conflicting statements.

pity making America great again doesnt include making it Nazi free (again) but hey

Advertisement