Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

madden 12 , how to catch the ball ps3

• 01-01-2012 5:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭

new to American football games , and i want to know in madden 12 , when the 1/4 back trows a pass how dose the defender jump up and catch the ball and then run on?

what keeps happing is the defender just hit it down and the plays is brought back

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,277 ✭✭✭Glico Man

bpb101 wrote: »
    new to American football games , and i want to know in madden 12 , when the 1/4 back trows a pass how dose the defender jump up and catch the ball and then run on?

what keeps happing is the defender just hit it down and the plays is brought back

Make sure your player is open to receive the pass and press triangle just as its about to reach him.

If you find that even though the player is open and the defending player keeps blocking your passing, try a different play... short passes and a running game will get you yardage in a more efficient way than hail mary type passes.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,827 ✭✭✭bpb101

aaronh007 wrote: »
    Make sure your player is open to receive the pass and press triangle just as its about to reach him.

If you find that even though the player is open and the defending player keeps blocking your passing, try a different play... short passes and a running game will get you yardage in a more efficient way than hail mary type passes.

I am the defender , and i want to stop the ball getting to the attacker by a clean catch of the ball so i can, as the defender run on to attack , i only tip it away.
    but i sometimes am able to clean catch it , but i don't know how i'm doing.

so how do i clean catch it ???

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭empacher

one you have the time it, and two unless your defender is wide open with no receiver he's going to bat it down, or run the risk of missing and letting the WR catch it and score 6

empacher wrote: »
    one you have the time it, and two unless your defender is wide open with no receiver he's going to bat it down, or run the risk of missing and letting the WR catch it and score 6

so i can i take the risk?
    the commentator always says he misses the easy catch ..
    but how can i try and catch it ?

you also have to remember that the defenders aren't used to catching the same as WR. There strengths are preventing the pass.

http://www.maddentips.com/

best site for help, gives you everything

• Advertisement

but is their a way to try to grab it

ya the triangle button but your not going to grab it the majority of the time

• Registered Users Posts: 18,058 ✭✭✭✭namloc1980

bpb101 wrote: »
    but is their a way to try to grab it

The defenders have low catching ability so they will bat it down more often than not. Their catching ability is built into their attributes, nothing you can do about that.

thanks all , any dose anybody know the play to do a fake punt ?

Yes I know it.

you can do a fake run or fake pass.

its in the special teams section of plays. X will punt, Triangle will go for the fourth down conversion, Square brings up your playbook, O Brings up fake punt

• Advertisement

that only in the season i mean in a normal single match

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,081 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Moved to games so you might get advice from more Madden players!

no its in every game

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

Seriously sit down, play the game, go through the playbook play by play

Advertisement