Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

resetting password on cisco 3560

• 26-09-2015 10:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I got an old switch from work, to play with, but it has a password on it, and am attempting to reset the password.

I am following this guide.

The password recovery mode is enabled.

When I rename config.text.old back to config.text, and load it into running-config, and issue the 'configure terminal' command, I get a % authorization failed error.

any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

If you're using it for study, then don't bother trying to reset the password on the existing config - just blow it away and start from scratch. Chances are the old config has AAA enabled and loading it as the running config is preventing you from editing it. Chicken and egg.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭kierank01

If you're using it for study, then don't bother trying to reset the password on the existing config - just blow it away and start from scratch. Chances are the old config has AAA enabled and loading it as the running config is preventing you from editing it. Chicken and egg.

ok, cheers...I was hoping to have a look at the config to aid that study...but ill just have to build it from scratch...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,299 ✭✭✭moc moc a moc

You can still read it without loading it as the running config

Advertisement