Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Favorite MMA walkout songs

Options
  • 21-09-2015 2:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭

Havent seen a thread like this before so I thought why not

This is probably my favourite!

also a big fan of chads, and liked conors before it was cut back to just sinead, Pendred killed it at 189 aswel coming out to put em under pressure :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Shogun would be my fave

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Jones is pretty unreal, so is Conors hypnotize. Also love Poirers.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,911 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Talking of walk out songs the funniest story i've ever heard was about Rory Macdonald. He changed his number in Canada and for some reason the way it works over there is the number is then recycled and given to someone else.

His old number ended up with a 'fan' of his, The guy in charge of the walkout songs texted 'Rory' (on the old number) before many events asking what he wanted, so this new imposter chose some really bizarre and obscure stuff.

It only came to light during one event, a few days before the UFC guy approached Rory and told him they couldn't use the song he'd chose (for licensing reasons or whatever), Rory didn't have a breeze what he was on about :pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

scudzilla wrote: »
    Talking of walk out songs the funniest story i've ever heard was about Rory Macdonald. He changed his number in Canada and for some reason the way it works over there is the number is then recycled and given to someone else.

His old number ended up with a 'fan' of his, The guy in charge of the walkout songs texted 'Rory' (on the old number) before many events asking what he wanted, so this new imposter chose some really bizarre and obscure stuff.

It only came to light during one event, a few days before the UFC guy approached Rory and told him they couldn't use the song he'd chose (for licensing reasons or whatever), Rory didn't have a breeze what he was on about :pac::pac:

That's unreal! Any link to any sort of article / podcast of that? Absolutly love Rory

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

scudzilla wrote: »

'We Found Love' by Rihanna and Calvin Harris for UFC 167. Amazing! :pac:

The rest of the songs aren't that bad for walkout tunes in all honesty. The imposter could/should have done a lot more damage. :pac:

Paully D wrote: »

The rest of the songs aren't that bad for walkout tunes in all honesty. The imposter could/should have done a lot more damage. :pac:

Believe me i would have

• Registered Users Posts: 810 ✭✭✭fermanagh_man

ronda

She looks like she is always in the zone

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Always liked John Fitch's entrance to Rusty Cage, love the timing at the end where he always enters the cage to the instrumental part

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Nick Diaz. Deftones - felicitera. Love it. Badass.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭finglashoop

ASOT wrote: »
    That's unreal! Any link to any sort of article / podcast of that? Absolutly love Rory

On joe rogan podcast about a year ago.

The best walkout I think ive seen is robbie lawlor against mcdonald. Song/his calmness was deadly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

As a 1 off, its hard to beat James te Huna. THis was from a fight night, so they cut to adverts during the walkins and many people missed this.

Also an honourable mention for flithy Tom Lawlor for his costumes....can't recall what music he used.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

My favourite walkout songs are generally the bangers, but I'd agree with 'finglashoop' re: Robbie vs Rory with Hold On, I'm Comin'. That's definitely right up there. Weidman's usually good with Tom Petty's 'Won't Back Down' also.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,625 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Paully D wrote: »

It seems 'we found love' he picked himself :pac:

I'd love to see the video of 'Cant touch this'

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Rondas is class, suits her perfectly.

Love Andersons as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Frankie Edgar for the absolute win.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 2,034 Mod ✭✭✭✭The Mig

Cro Cop would be up there for me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭Hoki

Tom Petty - Won't back down for Chris Weidmans walk out always gets me nodding the head . Big fan of benson hendersons as well - Awesome God by R- swift.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,324 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

Jeremy Stephens coming out to Real Muthaphuckin' G by Eazy E was pretty damn sick.

Always had a soft spot for Forrest Griffin using 'Shipping up to Boston', when he walked into that in Belfast place went nuts, also it means a lot as my wifey walked down the aisle to that song

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭collybyrne

Rich Franklin with "For Those About to Rock" is my personal favourite.

Does anyone know if "Hells Bells" was used by anyone on a regular basis? Always thought it would make an unreal walkout tune. Although I suppose the start might be confused with The Undertakers music from WWE!

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Petermc83

love Wanderlei Silva walking out to Darude- Sandstorm...

Also Bisping walking out to Blur is great too! Was brilliant seeing this live in Glasgow.

Loved BJ's walkout to that Hawaiian music, that was special.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Just realised Benavidez comes out to this...unbelievable stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭davmol

Wild Boys-Mirko cro cop

Advertisement