Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Client leaves domain: no longer available

Options
  • 31-08-2015 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭

Hi. I have a PC on my domain for 4 years and one day i find there is no longer on my domain.
    I am getting an error message when I try to join
    "The following error occurred attempting to join the domain mydomain.local
    The specified network is no longer available"

I tried all the Ipconfig Release, renew etc.
    Nslookup gives me mydomain.local, and I can ping server and other machines on the network.
    I cannot ping from Server to client.
    Rebooted server to refresh DNS service.
    I tried giving Static address, changing machine name and member on client side.
    I have manually entered name and ip address in DNS Management.
    It is a Windows 7 machine and done a clean install, tested it on another Domain and it worked, tried it on mydomain and same error.:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,954 ✭✭✭ItHurtsWhenIP

I had this a few years back. As far as I remember, I had to remove the machine entry from the domain. Then re-join as if new and I think that did it.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Have you checked to see if it's a firewall issue? Try removing it from the domain and adding it again .

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

Replace the network card/cable/both.

KEn

Advertisement