Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

UFC Dublin October 24th

• 25-06-2015 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

Thought i'd start this thread, with less than a week to go for the announcement, can always change thread title when event gets a name

So who do you think will be on the card?

It's a given that we won't be getting Conor, he belongs to Vegas and the PPV's now

After the last event here so many BIG named fighters told Dana that they wanted to fight here, we may end up with a really decent card

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,722 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

If Conor gets a beating by either Mendes/Aldo he could be on the card

• Registered Users Posts: 11,908 ✭✭✭✭scudzilla

If Conor gets a beating by either Mendes/Aldo he could be on the card

Doubtful, they will more than likely announce the main event next week when card is announced so that rules Conor out, and he'll be in Vegas for the forseeable future as HUGE ppv draw

• Registered Users Posts: 12,716 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

scudzilla wrote: »
    Thought i'd start this thread, with less than a week to go for the announcement, can always change thread title when event gets a name

So who do you think will be on the card?

It's a given that we won't be getting Conor, he belongs to Vegas and the PPV's now

After the last event here so many BIG named fighters told Dana that they wanted to fight here, we may end up with a really decent card

Pendred
    Ais daly
    Paddy Houlihan
    Neil seery
    Paul Redmond
    Probably Norman parke headlining

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Pendred
    Ais daly
    Paddy Houlihan
    Neil seery
    Paul Redmond

Seriously? I can see us getting a big name (Machida type big)

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

The return of Tom Egan!!!

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    The return of Tom Egan!!!

No toms busy filming TUF comeback season 2

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭El Guapo!

Hopefully Joseph Duffy.
    I'm more excited to watch his progress in the UFC than anyone else at the moment.

El Guapo! wrote: »
    Hopefully Joseph Duffy.
    I'm more excited to watch his progress in the UFC than anyone else at the moment.

Don't know how I forgot him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭sc86

duffy is certain to be on it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,795 ✭✭✭dulux99

Pendred
    Ais daly
    Paddy Houlihan
    Neil seery
    Paul Redmond

Not a prayer is parke headlining.

I think we'll get a very decent main event with two relatives big names. Maybe the likes of Overeem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I know James Gallagher has been booked up for BAMMA in September. Would have been nice to see him on the card.

We're obviously not getting McGregor so I'd be happy with them filling the card with up and coming Irish fighters.

I hope Paul Redmond gets a win in Glasgow and cements a place on this card. He's a great fighter.

Id like to see Parke v Duffy

• Registered Users Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭themandan6611

Id like to see Parke v Duffy
    me too, think duffy would hammer him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

I think they might go:

Cro Crop v Big Country
    Duffy v Pearson
    Seery v Makovsky
    on the main card. Redmond, Daly, Holohan and Pendred on the Prelims. Maybe Pendred co-main if he wins at UFC 187 and they give him someone decent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭Whosthis

Cowboy v Dos Anjos would be epic,but probably zero chance. I'd love to see Cowboy here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

Whosthis wrote: »
    Cowboy v Dos Anjos would be epic,but probably zero chance. I'd love to see Cowboy here.

More chance of me main eventing than us getting a title fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,348 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

TimRiggins wrote: »

Cro Crop v Big Country

Big Country fighting Josh Barnett in Japan in September.

Big Country fighting Josh Barnett in Japan in September.

Cro Cop against anyone really. European Main Events are what he'll get i'd imagine.

• Registered Users Posts: 321 ✭✭Petermc83

Cro Cop against anyone really. European Main Events are what he'll get i'd imagine.

i can imagine the 3Arena rocking to Wild Boys as CroCop walks out to the Octagon... would be quality!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭glass half full

I would suspect that it will be on Saturday October 24th at 3Arena.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,332 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I'm pretty sure we will get a pretty decent main event. Can definitely see us getting a title eliminator, since a lot of top fighters want a place on a Dublin card after last summer, but probably not Machida vs. Jacare since that should happen in Brazil this year. I wouldn't rule out Miocic vs. Overeem or Arlovski though. Big European fighter in the main, and as someone else mentioned, Pendred would be a passable co-main if he beats Howard, especially if they matched him against Bisping (who is many levels above him, but would be a fairly huge draw.)

If they want to be REALLY generous, they could give us Ais vs. PVZ, but that's asking a lot. Don't really expect any of these fights to be made, but it's what I'm hoping for. Either way, this event will sell out and I'll be going even if the card is weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,301 ✭✭✭xtal191

PVZ is meant to be fighting at UFC 191

• Registered Users Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

martyos121 wrote: »
    Pendred would be a passable co-main if he beats Howard, especially if they matched him against Bisping (who is many levels above him, but would be a fairly huge draw.)
    He is also a weight class above him.
    If they want to be REALLY generous, they could give us Ais vs. PVZ, but that's asking a lot. .
    PVZ is fighting Chambers, announced the other day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭EuskalHerria

Announcement at 10am tomorrow. Anyone pulled the trigger on a hotel etc?

Announcement at 10am tomorrow. Anyone pulled the trigger on a hotel etc?

I presume the UFC people and fighters will be staying in The Gibson again

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

I reckon Gunni Nelson could be in with a shout at headlining if he gets past Thatch. Maybe the winner of Brown/Means.

Gunnar/Benson Henderson would be an excellent main event though.

Oh and I think if Daley's on the card, they might give her Angela Hill.

I reckon Gunni Nelson could be in with a shout at headlining if he gets past Thatch. Maybe the winner of Brown/Means.

Gunnar/Benson Henderson would be an excellent main event though.

Oh and I think if Daley's on the card, they might give her Angela Hill.

i doubt Gunni would headline, recently they've been announcing events with a headline fight, so that would rule Gunni out as he's next week to get through first

scudzilla wrote: »
    i doubt Gunni would headline, recently they've been announcing events with a headline fight, so that would rule Gunni out as he's next week to get through first

I'd be very suprised if they announced the main event when they're annoucing the card tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,145 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

I'd be very suprised if they announced the main event when they're annoucing the card tomorrow.

Too many (all?) of the Irish fighters are tied up with fights at the minute so they'll either announce just the date/venue ofthe card OR we're in for a decent main event not involving any of the current Irish fighters.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Any idea when tickets will go on sale for this lads? I know we'll get that information tomorrow most likely but any guesses? As further away as possible would be great as I am broke with UFC Glasgow coming up :pac:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement