Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Review: Riga

• 11-06-2007 9:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 16,723 ✭✭✭✭

Riga was fantastic... The shooting was great, weather was excellent. Beer was cheap enough, and the vodka was both very cheap and seemed like good stuff. Highly recommend Friendly Fun Franks Hostel for a place to stay. Public transport is excellent also...nice city all round.

Women were somethin else, unbelievable... my mate reckons the further east you go in Europe the better they get! Not sure bout that but he's yet to be proven wrong

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

I'm off to Riga on Thursday and staying in Fun Franks. There's 7 of us going so hope we don't get in too much trouble...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

When we were there we found the niteclubs were strip clubs, and the dance clubs were niteclubs (complete with guns!). The Irish bars were good craic, but not really what you're going to Riga for. There's a strange obsession with Tullamore Dew. If you break a glass, you get charged for it. The city is beautiful, but taxi drivers will rip you off, so set a price before you go, and make them stick to it. The exchange rate is roughly equivalent to the euro-sterling exchange rate, but cigarettes, alcohol and food are dirt cheap (the YSL slims look sexy too!). It can be a bit futile trying to haggle with street sellers, but they have some really beautiful amber jewellry. I'd go back, na'er a problem, but the people I was travelling with weren't as enamoured with the place at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

quality spot, franks is the greatest hostel of all time. back again in february to walk across the frozen river

• Registered Users Posts: 21,094 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

With that latest Ryanair offer that was on, I was looking at this place. Accommodation was very cheap, everything looked great, but then there were no cheap flights left on the days we wanted to go. I will get there sometime, always a place I wanted to hit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,669 ✭✭✭Colonel Sanders

we got flights out on a staurday and coming back on a wednesday fro 63 inc all txaes and charges (except baggage). Considering the distances involved you can't really say fairer than that.

• Advertisement
Advertisement