Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Anyone know an SMS gateway with irish no?

Options
  • 05-06-2008 6:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭

Hi All

A friend of mine want to take advantage of SMS for selling a product
    Heres the spec
    'I want a number that potential clients can text to (at no cost to client), so esentially a Ireland based mobile number. (This would be requesting a brochure or further contact)
    Customers would be based in Ireland also. (no international countries required)
    I would like the recieved texts to be sent to an email address, or location where I can download, (I would like to do this in the evenings, thus reduce my phone traffic while working)
    I would like the potential client to be sent a confirmation text with a mesage of my choosing. '

I've come across SMS gateways suck as clickatell, but the no you text is UK based, which I think may deter Irish punters. (not specifically because its UK, but fear of international costs /premium no's).

Appreciate any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭rogue-entity

You could get a FreeText code (50xxx) which works in the same way as a Freephone number.
    Try giving companies like BT, Eircom, O2 or Vodafone a ring on their business numbers, all of them can supply you with that type of service (they do it for Radio stations at least). MX Telecom also provides this service, but I didnt spend much time looking at their site.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭skinner2x

You could get a FreeText code (50xxx) which works in the same way as a Freephone number.
    Try giving companies like BT, Eircom, O2 or Vodafone a ring on their business numbers, all of them can supply you with that type of service (they do it for Radio stations at least). MX Telecom also provides this service, but I didnt spend much time looking at their site.
    Thanks for the idea, I've found on comreg where you can enter a 53** no, and it tells you who the provider is , by this method I've found
    http://www.xiam.com, so I've sent a query to them. Seems they do the advertising on vodafones mobile web....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

Ive used this company www.webtext.com they are Irish, excellent tech support, really cool interface and they are willing to help you out no matter what you need. give them a call as I have used them for many of my clients and Ive had no complaints. f they cant help you Id be surprised.

FusionNet wrote: »
    Ive used this company www.webtext.com they are Irish, excellent tech support, really cool interface and they are willing to help you out no matter what you need. give them a call as I have used them for many of my clients and Ive had no complaints. f they cant help you Id be surprised.

Thanks for that, they might be just what I need. The rest I've looked at are all for premium rate services, (I'm automatically suspicious for those)

Cheers:)

Nice one fusionnet, I think this will work out. Heres what I got back from
    their tech support support@webtext.com, might help others looking for similar service...

Rather than getting your own Irish number (takes a long time to organise
    and costs 200+ euro per month), I suggest you go for a keyword, on either
    a shared Irish Number, or a shortcode (53xxx). So the customer sends the
    text "JoeblogLtd please call me" to 353877730000, from anywhere in the
    world. There is currently no charge for this keyword. If you want to use
    a shortcode (53xxx) this will cost approx 30euro per month, and cannot be
    accessed from outside Ireland.

You set up a text message to automatically send to the customer ("Thank
    you for your enquiry, someone will contact you shortly etc") and their
    message can be sent to an email addresss, or mobile, or URL you define.

There are no other charges, other than a per message charge of 6.5c
    (assuming the bulk of your traffic is to Ireland)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭FusionNet

No bother glad to be of help! Fusion Networks, not just an amazing ICT company but also here to help haha...!!

I find the guys pure gents. I use them for a website, you text "whatever keyword is" and tey automatically get added to our text mail list. I also use them for group texting for schools and for emergency texts. My fav option though is the email to text service. For anyone out there running servers or security equipment like DVRs, Adpros etc, if your equipment can generate and email it will go to webtext and convert it to a text and send it out to you. Very helpful if there is a power failure on an important server.

No bother glad to be of help! Fusion Networks,
    My fav option though is the email to text service. For anyone out there running servers or security equipment like DVRs, Adpros etc, if your equipment can generate and email it will go to webtext and convert it to a text and send it out to you. Very helpful if there is a power failure on an important server.

Ah I wondered what that would be used for . I've just set that up for my friend now, he's delighted with it . The beauty if it is no rental/standing charges, just pay per use.
    Cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭tashamc

Hi all, I was wondering if someone could help me please. I'm currently building a front end interface for my new website in PHP and I would like my future clients to be able to send me a text via my website for FREE. That tiny bit of code which I am looking for is called SMS Gateway; for example 'MyMobileNumber@MyMobileProviderGateway.com'. Is this possible?

**note** it's the Irish mobile providers I'm looking for.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,729 ✭✭✭degsie

Zombie thread + self promotion....welcome to boards :rolleyes:

Advertisement