Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fantasy Premier League: Pre-Season Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

Annoying that Torres is playing well. He's currently owned by 20% of managers - with the DGW this will prob rise considerably before next Saturday.

Does Ivanovic's ban carry on to the PL?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,416 ✭✭✭Jimmy Iovine

Tevez with a brilliant goal. Another one to look out for. Could be a steal at 9 million if he starts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,600 ✭✭✭roryc

I have Tevez, Yaya Toure and Torres (c) in my team.

Why couldn't this be week 1 :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

Tevez with a brilliant goal. Another one to look out for. Could be a steal at 9 million if he starts.

He'll start.

City looking very good here.

Another goal Nasri.

I have Nasri, Tevez and Torres (c) in my team!

Shane732 wrote: »
    He'll start.

City looking very good here.

Another goal Nasri.

I have Nasri, Tevez and Torres (c) in my team!

I have a garbage team at the moment. Gonna change it later on.

Where is David Silva today?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 4,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shane732

I have a garbage team at the moment. Gonna change it later on.

Where is David Silva today?

Just getting a rest but based on the formation City are using it looks like Nasri and Silva are going to be going for the same spot in the team.

There's going to be a lot of rotation I'd say.... Balo/Dzeko/Tevez/Aguero/Ade (?) and Nasri/Silva

Shane732 wrote: »
    Just getting a rest but based on the formation City are using it looks like Nasri and Silva are going to be going for the same spot in the team.

There's going to be a lot of rotation I'd say.... Balo/Dzeko/Tevez/Aguero/Ade (?) and Nasri/Silva

Well if I was Mancini I'd have Aguero and Tevez up front for every game. Probably not gonna end up being like that though.

I have Silva in my team at the moment. Thinking of getting rid of him though. Tevez and a City defender strikes me as the better option.

Here comes Silva. We'll see how he fits in.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

How did Hazard play gents? I haven't seen the game and couldn't Sky Plus as it was on ITV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Phoenix Park

Lemlin wrote: »
    How did Hazard play gents? I haven't seen the game and couldn't Sky Plus as it was on ITV.

Thought he was fairly mediocre myself, didn't really get into the game much.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,375 ✭✭✭✭machiavellianme

Card trick will sort you out there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Missed a bit nut did Torres do okay, apart from the goal?
    How'd Nasri and Lamps play?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 BigGayKirk

Jaaskelainen (Krul)

Kompany J.Enrique A.Cole (Colloccini)(Onuoha)

Y.Toure Hazard Nolan Guthrie (D.Gibson)

Torres Tevez Pogrebnyac

Opinions anyone?? I've been changing it alot.
    I put the double gws in bold.

Also note i have a decent bench and 3.5 mil in the bank :D

• Registered Users Posts: 9 BigGayKirk

Missed a bit nut did Torres do okay, apart from the goal?
    How'd Nasri and Lamps play?

Torres played well enough. He had on chance and took it well.

Nasri did play well but it looks like he could be competing for Silva for on spot behind two strikers so there is a big rotation risk there.

Lamps played well in terms of passion and leadership but RDM will be playing him as a deeplying midfielder as part of the 2 in a 4-2-3-1 formation so I'm not sure about his fantasy football potential. But i'm confident he is still the senior penalty taker on top of free kicks and corners so he is one to consider

He didn't really do much from what I saw of him late in the first half and all of the second. This piece of skill kinda sums up his performance imo.

ibe4NgztLvsesd.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 19,019 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

I had Tevez through the week but keep getting this horrible feeling he wont start next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,844 ✭✭✭carlcon

Tevez just gave everyone spending 2.5m more on Aguero a very large headache...

• Registered Users Posts: 16,622 ✭✭✭✭dahat

carlcon wrote: »
    Tevez just gave everyone spending 2.5m more on Aguero a very large headache...

Or a large influx of extra cash!!!!..after today it would be silly to spend the xrta on Kun when it looks like the two argies will be first choice,i was in the Kun camp but the smell of extra cash is tempting.............
    Also Yaya too........though 3 City players,overkill?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Right, after seeing City v Chelsea and Arsenal looking really good today, I'm totally confused as to where to go. Had Cazorla, Hazard, Torres, Aguero and Clichy. Not really sure which of them to change, and for who.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭darego

keano_afc wrote: »
    Right, after seeing City v Chelsea and Arsenal looking really good today, I'm totally confused as to where to go. Had Cazorla, Hazard, Torres, Aguero and Clichy. Not really sure which of them to change, and for who.

i would keep cazorla as he looks very very lively. i wouldn't start with 3 chelsea players so if you have a chelsea defender and torres i would go hazard > yaya/larrson. aguero > tevez will give you cash to go clichy > kompany just to be on the safe side until we know what citys defence looks like in a few weeks, otherwise take the gamble on clichy/zabaleta

• Registered Users Posts: 3,459 ✭✭✭T-b0n3

darego wrote: »
    i would keep cazorla as he looks very very lively. i wouldn't start with 3 chelsea players so if you have a chelsea defender and torres i would go hazard > yaya/larrson. aguero > tevez will give you cash to go clichy > kompany just to be on the safe side until we know what citys defence looks like in a few weeks, otherwise take the gamble on clichy/zabaleta

Richards is out for a month or so. I assume that means Zab is basically nailed on to start for City, even if they play 3 or 4 at the back. Thinking of getting him myself. Had Lescott before today.

• Advertisement

So I've kept Hazard, Torres and Cazorla and gone Clichy-->Zabaleta and Aguero-->Tevez. With the money I save I was able to upgrade Maloney to Yaya.

So my starting 11 for next week looks like this:
    Green

Fabio A.Cole Zabaleta

Yaya Hazard Cazorla Pienaar

Tevez Torres Pog

I wont post a pic as it takes too long. Subs are Krul, Clyne, Cuellar and Noble. Happy enough with that, I still have £2.5m in the bank also.

keano_afc wrote: »
    So I've kept Hazard, Torres and Cazorla and gone Clichy-->Zabaleta and Aguero-->Tevez. With the money I save I was able to upgrade Maloney to Yaya.

So my starting 11 for next week looks like this:
    Green

Fabio A.Cole Zabaleta

Yaya Hazard Cazorla Pienaar

Tevez Torres Pog

I wont post a pic as it takes too long. Subs are Krul, Clyne, Cuellar and Noble. Happy enough with that, I still have £2.5m in the bank also.

Cazorla may be a risk, with EH cos they're new to the EPL. 2.5 in the bank, what about Graham? Saving it for Wazza? :cool:

Cazorla may be a risk, with EH cos they're new to the EPL. 2.5 in the bank, what about Graham? Saving it for Wazza? :cool:

Might upgrade/sidegrade to Graham after Pog has his DGW. I'll be giving Rooney a couple of weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭prettyboy81

Jaaskelainen

Skrtel Coloccini Cole A

Santi Cazorla Kagawa Robson-Kanu Yaya Toure

Torres Tevez Suarez

Captain Torres....That's my provisional starting XI for Week 1

• Registered Users Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

Why are people buying Yaya Toure? Is he no longer being played in a defensive role?

One thing's for sure, if Torres C doesn't work for GW1 there's gonna be alot of unhappy people!!
    On the flip side.......

• Registered Users Posts: 12,844 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

My team so far is:

Green
    Skrtel, Ferdinand(rio) Gorkss
    Kagawa, Sig, NZogbia Guthrie
    Torres, Rooney, Aguero

Subs: McCartney, Allen, southamption 4.0 defender

Wondering midfield too week?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,367 ✭✭✭basillarkin

lads i am caught in 2 minds

1st team:

Begovic

Clark,Gorkss,Cole

Dempsey, VandeVarrt, Walters, Toure

torres, bent, augero

or

would i be better downgrading to tevez and get zabalata in at the back

what do ye think?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 817 ✭✭✭audman

What about Scholes guys? €5.5m. I wonder will he get enough game time? Took in a fair few points last season when u look at how late in the season he was introduced.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,778 ✭✭✭Benimar

Just looking for peoples opinion on the Torres to Rooney transfer in GW2. I notice a lot of people holding back £2m to make this transfer, something I'm seriously considering myself. It does create a bit of an issue that is outside our control though.

Logic would dictate that we wait until Torres and Rooney have played to see how they get on before making the transfer (Torres could be on fire, Rooney could get injured etc). However, to do this we probably need to hold back more than £2m, due to the knee jerk nature of a significant number who play this game.

There is nothing more sure than 'geniuses' will transfer Torres out for Rooney at 11.31am on Saturday which means by the time Rooney plays on Monday, the price gap could be as much as £2.4m.

It makes sense to go with Torres over Rooney in GW1 - an extra game, Rooney not having a great record at Goodison etc, but to do this we have to either hold back €2.5m and take the 'hit' of loss of team value or make the transfer on Saturday and hope.

How are people playing this?

Advertisement