Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dog Poo

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

mymo wrote: »
    My two poop very little in my garden, when they do I just lift the cover for the drain and chuck it in, usually followed by a bucket of whatever I mopped the floors with. Couple of my neighbours just powerhose it down the drain.
    My two mostly poop when out on walks, I use nappy bags or poop bags, pick it up and chuck it in my bin, or any bin on the street nearby.

My Dad got fined for putting the dog's poo in a street bin on the way back from a walk. He was told this was household waste and couldn't be disposed of in street bins.

I tried looking this up but can't find any information on it. Could anyone point me in the direction of information please?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,008 ✭✭✭✭tk123

Larianne wrote: »
    My Dad got fined for putting the dog's poo in a street bin on the way back from a walk. He was told this was household waste and couldn't be disposed of in street bins.

I tried looking this up but can't find any information on it. Could anyone point me in the direction of information please?

Really!??! What a load of ...well...poo!!! There's signs up in my area on the lamposts beside the bins so I always throw it in on a walk. That said half the bins in the area are gone.:mad: We had our guy a week or so and by coincidence the dog warden was going around the area knocking on doors so we got the license from him to save going to the post office...anyhoos my mum asked him about what bin to put it in etc and he said the black bin and bins around the area.
    Surely anything you put in a "street bin" is technically household waste?!

Yeah, I don't really understand it. That's why I was hoping someone might have information on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,524 ✭✭✭Zapperzy

Larianne wrote: »

Thats madness! :mad: Surely when there's such a problem with dog crap all over the footpaths it shouldn't matter which bin poo is being thrown into, in fact he should have gotten a pat on the back for picking it up. I must be the only one in my area that picks up poo. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,429 ✭✭✭✭star-pants

That is ridiculous for being fined for that, it's hardly like you took a massive black bag full of rubbish from home and stuffed it into a public bin.
    Public bins are for rubbish disposal. I'd have gone nuts.
    They've signs in our area about fines for not picking up dog poo (tbh most obviously don't pick it up around here the amount I've seen about) but I always do, and we pass by the shops (and bins) at the end of our walk and I'll always throw it in those bins. If they're going to fine people for using public bins for dog poo disposal then they need to provide dog poo bins. Flipping ridiculous.

• Advertisement

Yes, that's why I'm confused by it and wanted to find information on it.

I go on a 45 minute walk and only at the start of the walk is there a bin on the route. I sometimes have to carry around poo for 30 minutes! :cool: I don't understand why they'd fine you for doing something good. :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

Dog's poo goes into bags and into the bin. My garden is large and feral, so cleaning up the dog poo isn't a daily job. It's like the world's worst treasure hunt. If I had a well manicured lawn I could easily see the crap and pick it up, but in my overgrown yard it's a major effort, so I just do it once a week.

The cats' litters are scooped twice a day - I use a timber pellet litter, so little or no litter is picked up with the cat poo - and that goes into the loo and is flushed.

Advertisement