Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Xenoblade going to be released in europe

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 27,321 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

My pre-order came into HMV, but it looks like they only got enough to cover the pre-orders. None out on display and I was waiting a good five minutes while they went out back to find my copy.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Jazzkamiden

What GS was this? Will be in town tomorrow and will be moderately annoyed if I can't find a copy :P

Well I saw it in GAME in the Ilac centre yesterday straight in front of the door but it was priced at €49.99 D: It could be priced wrong though, seeing as my Sp Ed was €59 instead of €69. Worth a try :) But it's weird to see GS cheaper than GAME D:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

It's €49.99 for the standard edition in Game. Picked up the CE in for €59.99 in Ilac today, think I got the last one as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,447 ✭✭✭richymcdermott

Went in to smyths in galway wasant there
    Tried gamestop then , no sign of it
    Last option was go into game , 5 copies all collectors edition 59.99
    The **** like had the money 10 euros short cause they said they didnt have it but the ones selling with the control .

Went in to smyths in galway wasant there
    Tried gamestop then , no sign of it
    Last option was go into game , 5 copies all collectors edition 59.99
    The **** like had the money 10 euros short cause they said they didnt have it but the ones selling with the control .

Shoulda asked them to keep you a copy. The CCPro is a good deal, as it's only €10 extra (than the GAME price anyway) whereas I bought my Black CCPro last year for €25.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The graphics don't look great on my tv at all....anyone else have the same problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,761 ✭✭✭GothPunk

This game is so good. Can't. Stop. Taking. Side quests. Already I think it's going to be one of my favourite games of the year. (It'll be even better when my classic controller arrives, the WiiMote sucks for this type of game).
    The graphics don't look great on my tv at all....anyone else have the same problem?
    Are you hooked up via composite or component cable? It looked really bad on my TV, but then I bought a component cable in Game and switched my Wii to EDTV/HDTV mode, and it looks great now, not blurry at all.

The faces in Xenoblade still look really weird though. :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 79,989 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

GothPunk wrote: »
    This game is so good. Can't. Stop. Taking. Side quests. Already I think it's going to be one of my favourite games of the year. (It'll be even better when my classic controller arrives, the WiiMote sucks for this type of game).

Are you hooked up via composite or component cable? It looked really bad on my TV, but then I bought a component cable in Game and switched my Wii to EDTV/HDTV mode, and it looks great now, not blurry at all.

The faces in Xenoblade still look really weird though. :pac:

I'm not sure,I'm using the cable that came with the wii,so possibly composite...I have a hd tv.24 inch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm not sure,I'm using the cable that came with the wii,so possibly composite...I have a hd tv.24 inch.

Composite is the worst conection you can have and will look absolutely disgraceful. If you don't have a HDTV you should be using RGB scart, nothing less, if you have older consoles you need RGB scart cables for them. Composite is ****. If you have a HD TV then get component. It's a little better than RGB scart and leagues ahead of composite.

I must get me a component cable so.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,055 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is the component cable available anywhere in town? Might pick up Xenoblade later (assuming i can find it), but not if i can't get the cable. Last game i played on the Wii looked atrocious with the composite.

By town, i mean Dublin city center btw.

Kiith wrote: »
    Is the component cable available anywhere in town? Might pick up Xenoblade later (assuming i can find it), but not if i can't get the cable. Last game i played on the Wii looked atrocious with the composite.

By town, i mean Dublin city center btw.
    I picked one up in Game in the Ilac Centre, it was the Game own brand one that also has a PS2/3 and Xbox connection. It was €13 IIRC.

You owe it to yourself to play this game.

So how far in is everyone?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,793 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm waiting on the post man still :P

I'm only at the first dungeon now, kept doing far too many sidequests. My guys are at level 10 or so, I've only played for a few hours at this point I think. I wish I had more time to play as it's such a joy.

It's very handy for me that you can save at any time, it means I can pick it up for 30 minutes if I have the time in the same way I would with a handheld.

Chain attacks are so much fun to pull off in this game. I feel like this is the game White Knight Chronicles wants to be - they're very similar in many ways but Xenoblade finds a way to rise above other JRPGs at the moment and engage you a lot more in the battles. It also makes collecting resources a lot less tedious.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

just made the order on amazon :'( totally thought i preodered it last time.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

Woo, mine arrived. Haven't played it yet since I have something to do in the morning.

Valak mountain, on the Bionis' right arm I believe. 33 hours in. I'm level 44 and just grinding a bit now. I should really be taking it slower. Might do a few sidequests but they're quite boring. I do like rebuilding Colony 6 though, even if it is taking ages to find all the items.

I'm trying to beat
    XORD
    at the moment,man is he hard,I know you have to build up your chain attacks by killing his minions but they always seem to die :'(

Finally arrived today. Not sure when I'll get to play it. Also have a special edition for a friend in the states and kind of disappointed I got myself the poverty edition.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭SK1979

I'm trying to beat
    XORD
    at the moment,man is he hard,I know you have to build up your chain attacks by killing his minions but they always seem to die :'(

For Xord,
    I found that I was dying a lot against him but dont worry too much about killing the adds, just make sure that you build for a chain attack (use the adds to charge your bar of course and then switch to Xord) as quickly as possible, use all your moves etc quick cos once you hit him (iirc) 5 times in the same link, a cutscene comes and thats the fight done (maybe..).
    I'm level 35 now and about 23 hours in. Quality game. There's actually so much depth to it that I'm only starting to get into now. The Affinity links etc is amazingly complex.

If you're under level 50, you mightn't want to read this....

On the Mechonis' Fallen arm. I had to say, I thought it was just going to be some boring metal wasteland like Sword Valley, but it's actually a lot like Bionis. The hidden village on the palm of the hand is awesome XD Nice how they reveal there is a Homs like race on Mechonis so far into the game :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Goddamn stock shortages, I can't find this game anywhere. I hope the publishers start sending out more soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 55,450 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Where is the best place to buy (in store or online)?

Most promising are Amazon (shipping in 3 weeks) and play.com (shipping in 10 days).
    Anywhere else worth looking at?

Gameplay have it but the price is absolute robbery. The game entered the Top 10 so seems there was big demand so expect a reprint. I think your best bet is to try in shops, they might have it behind the counter. I was going to wait a week or two until I checked gamestracker and saw it was only available in 4 places.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,834 ✭✭✭Welease

HMV and Game in Liffey Valley had plenty of copies yesterday.. Might be worth giving them a ring.. €44.95 iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,263 ✭✭✭ride-the-spiral

Damn, my brother went out to Liffey Valley yesterday and everything...

EDIT: Come to think of it Game in Dawson St. also had loads of copies on the shelf but didn't actually have any in stock, so that could be the case with a lot of Game stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 877 ✭✭✭_Godot_

So I'm about 18 hours in, level 18, just got to
    the refugee camp on Guar Plains
    . Guar Plains is awesome, I love the nighttime music.

I'm trying to beat
    XORD

I Finally beat this ****er.........so glad,he was c**t :mad: poor
    godolt
    :'(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55,450 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Come to think of it Game in Dawson St. also had loads of copies on the shelf but didn't actually have any in stock, so that could be the case with a lot of Game stores.

Same in Limerick. Whats the point of putting up a special display shelf (for just this game) with lots of empty boxes with 'coming soon' stickers on them?

I've tried every game shop in Limerick and this game is nowhere to be found.

Advertisement