Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Confused Depressed and Need Help

1235»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭LLMMML

Locker10a wrote: »
    Why should it be fake?

Reads to me like a fantasy. "Billy" is a bit of a 2-dimensional character. Never seems to act like a real person. There's constant conflict but only from outside the relationship, and always concentrated on "Billy" and the OP is always cast in the role of rescuer, saving "Billy" from these awful people. Generally people in happy relationships don't update a bunch of strangers about how happy they are.

Basically it sounds very like "fanfic", where adolescents write fantasies about their favourite fictional characters.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Ambersky

Nice heartwarming story and the first thing you want to do in this forum is tear it apart with no posting history of your own,
    that makes you the one who is posting suspiciously LLMML in my opinion.

rottenecard_26658528_ysbvrksb67.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,139 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ten of Swords

LLMMML you will sometimes come across threads that you take with a pinch of salt and while your suspicions of this thread are your own opinion I'd steer clear of declaring them to be fakes, you're just going to piss people off and possibly alienate new users from posting for fear of being called liars.

Frankly whatever you think of this thread is really irrelevant at this point, it's a zombie thread and if you keep poking away at it then it's probably going to be locked.

If OP still receives e-mail updates from Boards on followed threads then he is probably aware of your comments and has chosen not to address them. He is not an active user anymore and to me it seems unfair to call the story into question when a reply is highly unlikely at this stage. End of.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,787 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

Folks - lets not derail the thread completely off topic

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

Advertisement