Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

social welfare lone parent rent allowance problem with landlady

Options
  • 28-10-2011 5:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

hi just looking for some advice. I have been renting for the last 8 months and then when i mentioned to my landlady that i wanted to apply for rent allowance she said that i couldnt as she was also receiving benefits and did not mention to social welfare that she was renting out a property.

She said that she may be able to accept rent allowance once her new claim for disability allowance comes through and when the rent unit is centralised so that i would not have to go through the community welfare officer as she gets her benefit through him and if i was to give the address of the property this would land her in it. Therefore i can either wait it out to see if he gets disability or else have to rent another property for a further 6 months and then apply for rent allowance again. i have a claim in for one parent family but have not received it yet, would i be entitled to any other benefit in the meantime. I have used up all my savings and am struggling. Would i automatically get rent allowance if i am on one parent family payment.

any advice appreciated.

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement