Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can i mod my xbox 360 and still play games online?

• 11-08-2011 9:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭

I understand that if you connect to xbox live with a modded console they will ban you.However is there a way to mod it that it remains hidden while playing xbox live?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

Short answer no but there are ways to prevent a ban

• Registered Users Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Console wrote: »
    I understand that if you connect to xbox live with a modded console they will ban you.However is there a way to mod it that it remains hidden while playing xbox live?

Leaving the moral issues aside, going online with modded firmware is a risk.

You run the risk that at some point Microsoft will be able to detect you are running modified firmware before the people who make it figure out how to stealth it (or figure out there's a need for better stealth measures). If Microsoft find out, you will be banned.

It is up to you whether you want to run the risk, there are no guarantees.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Slozer

You will not get banned. ie you will still be able to use your account. However your xbox will be banned and you will not be able to use that xbox on xbox live again. ie you will have to buy a new xbox to play online.

When you mod your xbox and go online it may work for a while, but if any of your games get updated or a dashboard update is applied you will run the risk of your xbox getting banned.

I know in the old xbox there was a mod which enabled you to switch to a safe mode when you went on line but I'm not sure if there is such a mod for the 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 807 ✭✭✭Jimbobjoeyman

long story short
    You can play online for a while but you will be banned eventually.
    The more careful you are about patching your back ups and updating your dvd drive firmware the longer you should go without a ban.
    But eventually more than likely you will be caught and banned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

However is there a way to mod it that it remains hidden while playing xbox live?

In a nutshell, no, not for any lenght of time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 262 ✭✭Console

thanks guys.
    Thinking of buying another xbox 360 ... (for obvious reasons) :pac:

but where would be the best place to buy a 360?
    - i hear the consoles that are jtaggable are the best. but where would i find one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,828 ✭✭✭Reamer Fanny

thanks guys.
    Thinking of buying another xbox 360 ... (for obvious reasons) :pac:

but where would be the best place to buy a 360?
    - i hear the consoles that are jtaggable are the best. but where would i find one?

There are plenty of modded consoles for sale on this forum check the sticky titled "modded consoles for sale"

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 492 ✭✭thebison

Its Dodgy, I got mine banned back in the black October of 2009 when they banned like 2 million consoles.

Advertisement