Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Results

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭bulmersgal

theGavin wrote: »
    You can retrieve your results from here (at the moment it is down, but should be up in a few hours hopefully) https://quercus.campusit.net/it-tallaght/results.html

Good luck.

It's still down might have to wait till college open and the computer people fix it

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Tango One

It's back up but no results on it for me

Tango One wrote: »
    It's back up but no results on it for me

Back up last half hour it's a joke having no results :-( heads wrecked refreshing page

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cryptocurrency

One job, just one job

One job, just one job

Back to server temporarily unavailable :-(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭fleet

They lecture us on five nines (99.999%) uptime.
    Teach us how to failover and dynamically provision computing resources on the cloud.

Yet they can't even manage their own results site...

I know we'll all get the results today, but the irony of running an IT centric college and not being able to run a few databases sites with predictable load is just delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cryptocurrency

fleet wrote: »
    They lecture us on five nines (99.999%) uptime.
    Teach us how to failover and dynamically provision computing resources on the cloud.

Yet they can't even manage their own results site...

I know we'll all get the results today, but the irony of running an IT centric college and not being able to run a few databases sites with predictable load is just delicious.

Everytime there is an issue, not just this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭theGavin

I just can't understand why the results aren't emailed to us. And before anyone mentions that it's a security issue, look at how it's done this year, a it's actually less secure. To log into email you need X number and the users customised password. For this new result site you need X number and the users date of birth, something easily obtained by simply checking the persons Facebook page.

I just can't understand why the results aren't emailed to us. And before anyone mentions that it's a security issue, look at how it's done this year, a it's actually less secure. To log into email you need X number and the users customised password. For this new result site you need X number and the users date of birth, something easily obtained by simply checking the persons Facebook page.

I could see my gpa but not my results breakdown :-( then it crashed again

• Registered Users Posts: 22 derold

Did anyone else get in and it say login credentials wrong?
    Its s f*cking joke that they let the website crash, how the hell did they not expect this?r*tards

• Advertisement

in fairness how hard is it to have them up now

derold wrote: »
    Did anyone else get in and it say login credentials wrong?

Yep. I reset mine and still the same message.

in fairness how hard is it to have them up now

It's not hard at all.

The load (number of hits per second) is a function of the number of students.

They don't even have to work it out, it'll be intimately related to last years.

A decade ago you might have said: "OK, why shell out for the performance when the resources are only stressed two days a year?" but these days you can scale up cloud resources up to almost infinite capacity in seconds, and then right back down again when you don't need it anymore.

fleet wrote: »
    Yep. I reset mine and still the same message.

You need to ring them I emailed yest about it and have my results now

bulmersgal wrote: »
    You need to ring them I emailed yest about it and have my results now

who did you ring i have rang twice and told to wait until the issue is fixed?!do you have a number?

I really think the college is run by dumb-asses each one passing the buck

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭theGavin

I really think the college is run by dumb-asses each one passing the buck

In fairness I don't think the college run the system this year, it seems they outsourced it to another business.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭macrubicon

Results are up - If you are having a problem drop into the helpdesk. Just make sure you have your student card with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,352 ✭✭✭MR NINE

Keeps telling me my login credentials are wrong when I know theyre not, serious pain in the ass, cant really see any way around it though

MR NINE wrote: »
    Keeps telling me my login credentials are wrong when I know theyre not, serious pain in the ass, cant really see any way around it though

I had same problem I emailed them and they fixed it. Annoying as he'll tho

• Advertisement

who did you ring i have rang twice and told to wait until the issue is fixed?!do you have a number?

I emailed them on the exam results page on main website it shows you address to your departmen.

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭rog871

In fairness I don't think the college run the system this year, it seems they outsourced it to another business.

Late getting to this but.

If I remember correctly, one of the lecturers told us that it is outsourced to some crowd up in Citywest that manage a few of the Institutes. All of these institutes release their results at the same time and their is no money to upscale the servers to handle the load.

So the thinking behind it is that it is only two days per year, so no need to invest anything into it. Surely they could release results on different days, but nobody will budge. Or I'm sure they could isolate the different institutes onto different instances but that would probably cost more.

This of course is purely based on some off-topic waffle that I think i half remember from some lecture I think I had, so yeah. :P

Bit waffly I know, but it might be of help (or not) for next results day. :rolleyes::D

Advertisement