Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

I have recently discovered the joy of mustard

• 13-08-2012 1:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,002 ✭✭✭

Started by experimenting and making honey mustard pork chops... Mmmmm. More recently, at a bbq I used mustard on a hot dog with ketchup and a beautiful polish sausage. The mustard was in a container shaped like a beer flagon, but a lot smaller and had a red lid. The mustard itself was very yelllow. Can you mustard experts enlighten me as to what variety of mustard it may have been?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,645 ✭✭✭Corvo

I'm finding it very hard to get into the flow of using mustard, it just seems to overpower everything. I've even tried using the fancy French Dijon of which a picture was posted on here.

Tips for mustard virgins would be helpful.

The mustard you had mate sounds like an american version for which you will be whipped/flogged on here for using.

Run.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,104 ✭✭✭Swampy

My tip is that you know when you have just about enough mustard when your eyes water and your nose burns.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Swampy wrote: »
    My tip is that you know when you have just about enough mustard when your eyes water and your nose burns.

And until you've reached that point, you have'nt tasted Mustard! IMO

But lets not forget, there are several savoury mustards for our not so hot loving mustard friends, a spoon of Dijon I'd reccomend to the OP

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Old Ben

I only recently began experimenting with Mustard. Its great! I have Colmans, Lakeshore Hot Irish Mustard, Dijon and Wholegrain mustard. My Mrs now thinks I'm a bit mad, but I usually have three jars of mustard at the dinner table. I'm testing which works best with what and just savouring the flavours. Loving the way chicken breast brings out the citrus flavours in the Lakeshore mustard... yum!

A few teaspoons of mustard in a pot of mashed spuds is delish!

Tonight, I tried mixing some Colmans into Chicken Korma and it worked a treat.

The exploration continues... I might have a book at the end of it all! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,645 ✭✭✭Corvo

Old Ben wrote: »
    I only recently began experimenting with Mustard. Its great! I have Colmans, Lakeshore Hot Irish Mustard, Dijon and Wholegrain mustard. My Mrs now thinks I'm a bit mad, but I usually have three jars of mustard at the dinner table. I'm testing which works best with what and just savouring the flavours. Loving the way chicken breast brings out the citrus flavours in the Lakeshore mustard... yum!

A few teaspoons of mustard in a pot of mashed spuds is delish!

Tonight, I tried mixing some Colmans into Chicken Korma and it worked a treat.

The exploration continues... I might have a book at the end of it all! :)

I will try this. Do you cook it after marinading?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 466 ✭✭17larsson

A mustard forum, brilliant!

My first post on these boards is to say that I too love mustard. I might expand on that later when I have my bearings here

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

A fellow mustard connoisseur is always more than welcome to this site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 367 ✭✭The Idyll Race

Many years ago I was in a pub in Clifden on the onset of a few days on the lash - the old Ham toastie looked a bit tired, chanced the Colman's on it and I didn't look back! Eyes watered, nose prickled and I just said Yee hah!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 353 ✭✭RADIUS

There is nothing quite like some Colemans spread all over a nice pork chop or steak! Chase this down with a sparkling glass of beer and have the Rennie's at the ready!

Heaven.

Advertisement