Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Guild Wars 2

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,812 ✭✭✭IRL_Sinister

I'm stoked about this game. I played GW1 and loved it and since I've quit WoW I just cannot wait to get my hands on this.

Are people here going to be playing it quite often. There's always the option of trying to set up some sort of boards Guild, be it for regular and casual members. Simply cannot wait for this game.

Best thing about it is I can play Skyrim through before this comes out as well and then D3 will be out, probably, just before this hits!! Can't wait.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Vargulf

Guild Wars 2 closed beta 2011?
    Eurogamer
    A Guild Wars 2 closed beta test may be only months away - developer ArenaNet said the accolade-scooping MMO will enter closed beta this year "for sure".

The last time ArenaNet talked to us about a beta was in May.

Late last week, a French site translated a Korean report (via MMOCrunch) about Guild Wars 2 being shown at Korean game show G-Star (November 10th to 13th), "following the start of the Beta West". November, then?

"We're going to go into closed beta by the end of this year for sure," lead content designer Colin Johanson reaffirmed to Eurogamer at the EG Expo 2011.

"We're in closed alpha right now. We're going to go into closed beta by the end of this year. Based on the outcome of the closed beta, that will determine our open beta schedule. Based on the outcome of the open beta, that's going to determine our release date.

"If we tear through the beta and everything's super positive then obviously it'll come out faster. And if we go into the beta process and we see things we want to change, then we have the luxury of having the time to be able to sit down and fix that stuff.

"We really don't know when release is going to be, because we want time to react to things and upgrade and everything."

Johanson said "we don't know yet" how people will be informed of the open beta. "How we're going to announce it and how to get into it - we haven't decided that yet either," he added.

The content available within the beta phases is also still being worked out.

Guild Wars 2 was playable on the Eurogamer Expo 2011 show floor. Special press PVP sessions were held, and our impressions of it will be with you soon.

Guild Wars 2 was yesterday crowned The Eurogamer Expo 2011 Game of the Show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,911 ✭✭✭aN.Droid

Vargulf wrote: »
    Guild Wars 2 closed beta 2011?
    Eurogamer

I have a day one account in gw1 and currently working on my HOM, have all the campaigns, all the upgrades. Should be an instant invite to the closed beta if I do say so! God knows it wont be though.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I know we're all caught up in refreshing our inbox for any TOR mails, but the final class has been revealed (slightly earlier than planned). No surprises, it's the Mesmer.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,779 ✭✭✭Spunge

I dont get why there is so much hype for TOR and zero hype for this.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭MikeyJoyce

There is a lot of hype for this believe me.

But a lot of people myself included have just waited too long for it and Swtor is out NOW while gw2 wont be out until next year.

People are always excited when anything new comes out.. Wait until closer to launch or heck maybe even the beta announcment then the hype will start :D

But believe me this game will rock im personally moving from all games to GW2!

Death to Zhaitan!!! :D

MikeyJoyce wrote: »
    There is a lot of hype for this believe me.

But a lot of people myself included have just waited too long for it and Swtor is out NOW while gw2 wont be out until next year.

People are always excited when anything new comes out.. Wait until closer to launch or heck maybe even the beta announcment then the hype will start :D

But believe me this game will rock im personally moving from all games to GW2!

Death to Zhaitan!!! :D

He basically said it. There's no need to hype this game. Once a release date (or even open BETA's) is released you'll see this thread explode. The game speaks for itself and the fact it has been in development for over a decade, well, yeah :)

GUILD WARS 2 BETA! :D

http://www.guildwars2guru.com/forum/reddit-ama-all-questions-answers-t24653.html?t=24653

Question #1: "Any information for closed beta release? And.. When will mesmer come to guildwars2.com in proffesions"
    Answer: "We will officially enter Closed Beta Testing this Friday. It will be marked with an increase in our pool of testers. To clarify, this phase of testing is still under NDA and is not open to the public.
    Based on the feedback we get from our current Closed Beta Testing, we will determine the next phases of our beta program in which we will open beta access to more people."

Anyone playing GW atm? Since I'm done with Skyrim I'm looking for another "single-player" game while I'm not playing SC2 until GW2 comes out. Was thinking of heading in to buy the GW boxset with Factions, Nightfall and the original for like $20.

Anyone know if there's still a fairly active community?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭Stev_o

Anyone playing GW atm? Since I'm done with Skyrim I'm looking for another "single-player" game while I'm not playing SC2 until GW2 comes out. Was thinking of heading in to buy the GW boxset with Factions, Nightfall and the original for like $20.

Anyone know if there's still a fairly active community?

It still has a number of people playing, not massive but big enough. Not that it would matter as the game is all about instancing.

• Advertisement

So I ended up buying the Trilogy of GW (Factions, Nightfall and Prophecies) online for $29.99 and it was definitely worth it. Enjoying every moment of the game so far and there is definitely still a community there. For me, it's good preparation for GW2 too. I forgot so much about the game but it's slowly beginning to come back to me.

Definitely suggest people buy it online and enjoy it if they can :)

EDIT: OH AND BETA IS SOOOOOOON!

EDIT2: Lol, 666 posts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

well, with this amount of hype the game cant POSSIBLY disapoint.....

Also, "been in development a decade"? wat?

The game looks amazing, i'll give you that. Been following it for ages, and it really does look like a well designed game. The world looks stunning as well, one of the best i've seen in any games. But I'm going to hold off getting too hyped until we get more info on it...seeing as I've gotten over hyped for every mmo since time began :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 diamondsny

will deff be playing mesmer.

Dustaz wrote: »
    well, with this amount of hype the game cant POSSIBLY disapoint.....

Also, "been in development a decade"? wat?

The original was released like 8 years ago. GW2's been in development for a very long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Probably and engineer for me :) If not, i'll choose the most offensive caster class

• Registered Users Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Kiith wrote: »
    The game looks amazing, i'll give you that. Been following it for ages, and it really does look like a well designed game. The world looks stunning as well, one of the best i've seen in any games. But I'm going to hold off getting too hyped until we get more info on it...seeing as I've gotten over hyped for every mmo since time began :(

I feel the same way but its hard not to get hyped up when the amount of kick ass idea's the dev team have come up with and can be seen to be in the game make it stand out as a true next gen title compared tho the copy and paste clones of EQ1 we've been subjected to for so long.

Venom wrote: »
    I feel the same way but its hard not to get hyped up when the amount of kick ass idea's the dev team have come up with and can be seen to be in the game make it stand out as a true next gen title compared tho the copy and paste clones of EQ1 we've been subjected to for so long.

I agree that it looks amazing, and the devs really do seem to know their stuff. I'd say it's the best chance for a major MMO, which isn't exactly the same as every other MMO out there.

It's just i've been burned before... :(

I agree that it looks amazing, and the devs really do seem to know their stuff. I'd say it's the best chance for a major MMO, which isn't exactly the same as every other MMO out there.

Oh I so have been burned before :(

Horizons
    Age of Conan
    Warhammer
    Champions Online
    Star Trek Online
    SWTOR

If GW2 joins that list I think I'm done with MMO's tbh :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

Lets face it, swtor was the best chance for the next big thing but the ball was well and truly dropped.

• Advertisement

Lets face it, swtor was the best chance for the next big thing but the ball was well and truly dropped.

Once EA gets involved with any gaming company the ball is always going to be dropped :(

If GW2 joins that list I think I'm done with MMO's tbh :pac:
    I think i'd be the same to be honest, at least in the current vein of mmo#'s. Planetside 2 will be played however, regardless of GW2.
    While i don't think it was quite the failure you (and many others) think, it definitely hasn't lived up to expectations. It's got massive potential, but whether or not there are any people left to see that is another question.

• Registered Users Posts: 826 ✭✭✭Eoin247

Well if guildwars 2 is a disappointment then i probably wont buy another mmo until project titan.

No.

Swtor was the best chance? :O

Not a hope! for me and a lot of guild wars 2 fans Swtor was something that MAY pass some of the time until GW2 but it didnt even achieve that.

Enough of wow clones we need something different we need GW2

I think i'd be the same to be honest, at least in the current vein of mmo#'s. Planetside 2 will be played however, regardless of GW2.

While i don't think it was quite the failure you (and many others) think, it definitely hasn't lived up to expectations. It's got massive potential, but whether or not there are any people left to see that is another question.

As much as I loved Planetside, I hate SOE for being the worst game developer on the planet. As far as I'm concerned PS2 is going to be the biggest pile of ****e until proved otherwise.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 diamondsny

I hate SOE for being the worst game developer on the planet.

^this. They manage to ruin EVERYTHING

So, it looks like it's coming to consoles at some stage.
    Kotaku wrote:
    Whenever anyone says "man, I hate how all MMOs are the same", someone else invariably says "well, wait for Guild Wars 2, then!".

Normally, it's just been PC players waiting for the game, but console owners should get in line now as well.

Developers NCSoft have said in a recent conference call "When it comes to Guild Wars 2 [on consoles] as we have announced already, we are in the preparation stage".

Well, no, they hadn't announced that already. All they'd said previously was that they were thinking about it. Preparing is a lot more active than thinking about it.

It's not absolute confirmation, of course, but it's certainly positive.

http://kotaku.com/5885566/guild-wars-2-is-almost-certainly-coming-to-consoles

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Can't say that's a good sign...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,682 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Advertisement