Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gabriel Garcia Marquez

• 17-04-2014 11:55pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,093 Mod ✭✭✭✭

RIP to Gabriel Garcia Marquez, in my opinion one of the greatest writers of the 20th century.

100 years of solitude is one of my favourite books and love in the time of cholera is excellent also.

He also wrote an excellent account of some of the Escobar kidnappings.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,661 ✭✭✭Tin Foil Hat

I've had '100 Years' on my shelf for a while, but haven't got around to reading it. I'll remedy that shortly.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Meathlass

Fantastic author. 100 years of solitude is one of my favourite books of all time. I regularly take it down to read a page or two and find myself hunched up in the dark 2 hours later 100 pages through the book!

Advertisement