Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Recommend a London show with Hubby

Options
  • 11-02-2014 10:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 44

Going to London soon and looking to go see a show.

Hubby isn't majorly into music so looking for something with a bit of comedy in it maybe? Or something that everyone enjoys whether they like music or not?

Or has anyone been to any good comedy clubs or something different we could do instead

Tks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

How about war horse its west end and is supposed to have incredible puppetry effects. For comedies book of Mormon has been highly acclaimed (so much so you may find it hard to get cheap tickets though)

• Registered Users Posts: 44 markel

Tks Rachiee

Will take a look

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭dixiefly

• Registered Users Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Rachiee wrote: »
    How about war horse its west end and is supposed to have incredible puppetry effects. For comedies book of Mormon has been highly acclaimed (so much so you may find it hard to get cheap tickets though)
    dixiefly wrote: »

I've seen both and I could highly recommend them.

Went to see War Horse in the Grand Canal theatre on Saturday and thought it was amazing. It's a great story and the production and puppetry is fantastic.

Saw the 39 Steps while I was in New York a few years ago and really enjoyed. Very funny and moves along at such a fast pace.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭rdhma

Probably a bit late for the original poster but I would certainly recommend The Drowned Man.

www .templestudioslondon.com/
    This review describes it better than I could: www .telegraph.co.uk/culture/theatre/theatre-reviews/10186535/The-Drowned-Man-Temple-Studios-review.html

I'm planning to go again, no two visits are the same.

Edit: Can't post links here directly, just delete the spaces.

• Advertisement
Advertisement