Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladies Lounge Tapas and Cocktails - Market Bar 7PM - March 3rd, Dublin

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Acoshla wrote: »
    Would love to have made it up to this, the really frustrating thing is I'll now be in Dublin Thursday and Friday, going home at about 2am Friday night/Saturday morning! Have an awesome time and save some tapas for me and post them to me :p

Don't forget to leave the cake into the bar for our dessert. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,746 ✭✭✭✭Misticles

I was a yes but I was promptly reminded that I had promised my whereabouts already :(

Was looking forward to this! I'll get yas next time :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

I'm around on Friday so I'll be able to make this. Yea! I was sorry to miss the last one. Love the idea of a dinner before the drinkies! Looking forweard to it :D

• Registered Users Posts: 12,921 ✭✭✭✭hdowney

awec wrote: »
    Can you still drink vodka hdowney?

I had a similar experience on it when much younger (though not as bad as yours) and I sickened myself off it for years.

i haven't tried it yet tbh!!!!
    Dovies wrote: »
    Didnt know what happened to you last week until just now! As Niamhx said we were asking for you last sat but didnt get the story! Hope you are feeling better now. Looking forward to seeing you sat then.

feeling much better. looking forward to seeing you too :D and it sounds like the group won't be as massive as the beers so i should meet everyone
    Hermione* wrote: »
    I'm around on Friday so I'll be able to make this. Yea! I was sorry to miss the last one. Love the idea of a dinner before the drinkies! Looking forweard to it :D

am i missing something i thought it was saturday?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭Hermione*

hdowney wrote: »
    am i missing something i thought it was saturday?
    It is. Calendar reading fail :rolleyes:
    Hmm, not sure now if I can make it :(

• Advertisement

Hermione* wrote: »
    It is. Calendar reading fail :rolleyes:
    Hmm, not sure now if I can make it :(

aww that sux. hopefully you can make it

• Registered Users Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I have never had tapas but checked the menu and seems like there are lots of stuff that I can have :D
    Got a bit of a fright when the drinks menu only showed wine and sangria but seemingly they do beer too :D
    Now to get out the guna nua!

Dovies wrote: »
    I have never had tapas but checked the menu and seems like there are lots of stuff that I can have :D
    Got a bit of a fright when the drinks menu only showed wine and sangria but seemingly they do beer too :D
    Now to get out the guna nua!

no guna for me :( this weightloss thing at the moment has me a little scuppered. am rather between my outfits. so a good heap of stuff is too big, but the rest is still to small. gah

• Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭niamhx

Woohoo, looks like I got a green light from work :D

• Administrators Posts: 53,127 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

No way !! Hope your going to polish those converse again and come along :)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I will have to bail before 10 for my stupid friend's stupid birthday party. :mad: :pac:
    I've never had sangria before so am looking forward to trying it! :D

niamhx wrote: »
    No way !! Hope your going to polish those converse again and come along :)
    I will try my best. :)

Now let's see if I can get out before 7pm (actually be in dublin before 7) I've never tried before. I'm going to have to pace myself big time since I don't normally come home until 5am :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,643 Mod ✭✭✭✭Daisies

hdowney wrote: »
    shame the 2dishes and wine isn't on sats! cos it grabbed mine too. yea i think it'l be best to order and pool, cos of the types of dishes we can order various plates of tapas, then you can eat what your into, and we all put into it. makes sense. not sure wether to have wine or sangria tho!

That is the main reason I love tapas because I get to try everything. I love the market bar too. Wish I could make it :(

I have absolutely no idea how many are planning on making it to the food part but I've booked for 17 (I always book for uneven numbers as it means there's usually space for at least one more :) ) Not sure if we even have 17 for food It's booked under my name so can anyone planning on making the dinner add their name to the list below so I can pm my name and phone number etc

Myself and Dolorous plan on being there early so anyone who's on their own or early can text/ring me and we'll be there to meet you. I'll stick this in a pm when I'm sending around everything anyway.

Food:
    RQ
    Dolorous

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

I have absolutely no idea how many are planning on making it to the food part but I've booked for 17 (I always book for uneven numbers as it means there's usually space for at least one more :) ) Not sure if we even have 17 for food It's booked under my name so can anyone planning on making the dinner add their name to the list below so I can pm my name and phone number etc

Myself and Dolorous plan on being there early so anyone who's on their own or early can text/ring me and we'll be there to meet you. I'll stick this in a pm when I'm sending around everything anyway.

Food:
    RQ
    Dolorous
    I'm planning on being there

Edit, that reads like a maybe :) I will be there, never had tapas and had to google sangria, defo want to try them :D

D'oh forgot to mention. For groups they have a set menu that's €15 a head + service charge :mad: I *think* it's the same as their normal menu with a selection of everything. If it turns out we have less than 15 I can change the booking and we can just dip off their normal menu so if we could know by Friday how many people will be there for food in case I need to change the booking.
    Again, this is just for the food part of it. Don't really need numbers for the ones who are just coming for drinks. :)

Food:
    RQ
    Dolorous
    smallbiscuit

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

Are you saying that your real life friends are more important to you than people off the interwebs, many of who you have never even met or spoken to before?

Well, I have never been so insulted in my life!
    :pac:
    You're right. I'll tell her I have an urgent business meeting in Temple Bar on Saturday that I couldn't possibly get out of. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

I may not be able to make it, gah

• Registered Users Posts: 6,247 ✭✭✭Tigger99

Meeee for food too please.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,065 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

I will be there for food and so will ChannelNo5.

i shall be there for the food part :D

gah so set menu, it'd bloody well better be somewhat similar to the general menu (not again you or anything, just think it would be well wrong of them to dole up something completely different to groups than individuals like) also there are some coming who will be looking for non-tapasy food, so forcing us into a set tapas menu could cause problems for those people.

oh jeez it sounds like i am off on a rant at ye, i am not deffo :o:o:o

If there's not 15 people I'll just ring em and cancel on Friday so we can have the normal menu. Just booking means we'll all get to eat together if we don't book we might be a bit spread out. Set menu sounds a bit crap, I wasn't impressed.

If there's not 15 people I'll just ring em and cancel on Friday so we can have the normal menu. Just booking means we'll all get to eat together if we don't book we might be a bit spread out. Set menu sounds a bit crap, I wasn't impressed.

yea that was what i was trying to convey, i wasn't impressed either. since on their website they do mention service charge for groups, but NOTHING about groups having to have set menu. argh. i just thought it might have come accross like i was having a go at ye, which was deffoly not the case :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭smallBiscuit

Can you not book without the set? seems a bit strange, a bit anti-customer :confused:

Can you not book without the set? seems a bit strange, a bit anti-customer :confused:

I'm sure if 15 people turned up and asked for food they wouldn't turn them away so I might 'cancel' anyway. Arriving at 7 and with no rugby on saturday getting seats shouldn't be an issue anyway.

I'll also be there for food :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,338 ✭✭✭squishykins

I'll be there for food :)

Advertisement