Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2012 WWE Hall of fame

• 02-01-2012 12:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

So who is the good money on going in this year?

Macho man?
    Rock?

Comments

• I can definitely see Macho Man going in this year with it being in Florida.

They should have inducted him in long ago when he was still alive :(

Mick Foley maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 894 ✭✭✭cian68

macho man and I'm guessing edge.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

Edge,
    Randy Savage,
    Kevin Nash perhaps?

I dont think Rock will go in this year, next year I say.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭johnciall

I'd say they may hold off till 2013 for Edge since rumours are it's in Toronto

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,855 ✭✭✭Charlie Haughy

If thats the case, then it will be Rock this year id say. I cant imagine they would have 2 recent wrestlers getting inducted in one year.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

William Regal

• Registered Users Posts: 4,888 ✭✭✭Charisteas

Alberto Del Rio's Uncle Mil Mascaras is going to be inducted, that's been confirmed. ADR will most likely induct him, hopefully with Ricardo Rodriguez doing the introduction!

I did ask about this in the Questions forum as I had only read it on Wiki, but I've only just found out that it's confirmed on wwe.com -

Mil Mascaras to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame

MEXICO CITY - Triple H has announced that Mil Mascaras will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame's 2012 class in Miami in April! The announcement was made in Mil Mascaras' native country in front of the WWE Universe in Mexico City Sunday night.

Mil Mascaras was the first masked luchador to compete in Madison Square Garden. The Mexican squared circle legend also competed in the 1997 Royal Rumble.

Stay tuned to WWE.com for complete coverage of Mil Mascaras' induction into the WWE Hall of Fame.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/mil-mascaras-hall-of-fame-announcement

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

Charisteas wrote: »
    Alberto Del Rio's Uncle Mil Mascaras is going to be inducted, that's been confirmed. ADR will most likely induct him, hopefully with Ricardo Rodriguez doing the introduction!

I did ask about this in the Questions forum as I had only read it on Wiki, but I've only just found out that it's confirmed on wwe.com -

Mil Mascaras to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame

MEXICO CITY - Triple H has announced that Mil Mascaras will be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame's 2012 class in Miami in April! The announcement was made in Mil Mascaras' native country in front of the WWE Universe in Mexico City Sunday night.

Mil Mascaras was the first masked luchador to compete in Madison Square Garden. The Mexican squared circle legend also competed in the 1997 Royal Rumble.

Stay tuned to WWE.com for complete coverage of Mil Mascaras' induction into the WWE Hall of Fame.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/mil-mascaras-hall-of-fame-announcement

Thats the only thing I remember him from.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,445 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Doubt Savage will be ever inducted after his brother said that Randy would never be allowed to be inducted unless he was going in with his father and brother and I can't see that happening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Crazy thing was, Mascaras was in his mid-50's when he was in the royal rumble back in 97. He moved incredibly well for a man his age.

• Advertisement

dlofnep wrote: »
    Crazy thing was, Mascaras was in his mid-50's when he was in the royal rumble back in 97. He moved incredibly well for a man his age.

That's my pre-Raw viewing sorted for tonight then, 97 Rumble :)

Think I read somewhere that WWE want to enter the Guinness Book of Records as most masks being worn in the same place, wonder if they will ask Mascaras to help promote that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Well he never bumped

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

rovert wrote: »
    Well he never bumped

I'm sure the world will stop turning. The guy hit a cross-body from the top rope to the outside. Show me one other 54 year old man who has done that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

I'm sure the world will stop turning. The guy hit a cross-body from the top rope to the outside. Show me one other 54 year old man who has done that.

Most luchadores can. They tumble rather than take as many flat back bumps as the Americans do which helps their longevity. Mil never bumped when he didnt need to. Mil went against script and eliminated himself as he didn't want to do the job. That dive wasnt primarily to entertain.

• Registered Users Posts: 84,319 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

I can definitely see Macho Man going in this year with it being in Florida.

They should have inducted him in long ago when he was still alive :(

Mick Foley maybe?

Yes I was thinking Macho Man and Mick Foley also

Is it too soon for Rock or Taker?

Rick Rude seems to be mentioned on a few other sites as a possible

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭baldstuffandy

JBL might induct Mil Mascaras :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

Macho Man
    The Rock
    Arn Anderson
    Horsemen maybe??

Maybe one or two people who were part of championship wrestling from Florida??

Just a few guesses.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,469 ✭✭✭✭GTR63

I'd love to see Vader get in the HOF after seeing him put in WWE 12. They'll have to put in a big name so maybe Edge, Foley or The Rock will head the nominies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,616 ✭✭✭ Rebecca CoolS Pauper

Id Like to see Randy Savage and Owen Hart. Both wrestlers should have been inducted a long time ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Id Like to see Randy Savage and Owen Hart. Both wrestlers should have been inducted a long time ago.

Owen Hart will never be inducted, his widow Martha will never let it happen

• Advertisement

glenjamin wrote: »
    Doubt Savage will be ever inducted after his brother said that Randy would never be allowed to be inducted unless he was going in with his father and brother and I can't see that happening.

Why would Vince need anybodies permission to induct someone into HIS Hall of Fame?

He may not induct them as a mark of respect for Martha Hart's / Lanny Poffo's wishes, but he surely doesn't need any sort of legal permission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 243 ✭✭Lorri_L

Why would Vince need anybodies permission to induct someone into HIS Hall of Fame?

He may not induct them as a mark of respect for Martha Hart's / Lanny Poffo's wishes, but he surely doesn't need any sort of legal permission.

I'd presume the use of his name is somehow tied to his estate, which would belong to his wife.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Like you said, out of respect it makes sense not to induct someone into your Hall of Fame when his widow holds you responsible for her husbands death.

In terms of PR, it would be digging up alot of old things that WWE probably would not like to have to talk about again.

Plus I think the WWE have a quota of 1 each when it comes to having people enter into the Hall of Fame that have already died and I think Macho Man may fill the spot this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

What about when his Widow dies? Surely no-one can stop it then?

gnfnrhead wrote: »
    What about when his Widow dies? Surely no-one can stop it then?

His children can stop it then.. They all have a bitter hatred for the WWE due to the way Owen died.

Carlos Colon is rumored to be one of the next inductees. Carlito and Primo's father and Epico's uncle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭montyrebel

they all hate the WWE but accepted the out of court settlement without the WWE admitting liability and saying they had done anything wrong :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

Yip, I never see Owen going in unfortunately. I think Martha is suing the WWE again in relation to Owen's inclusion in certain DVD releases, such as The Hart Family Anthology etc.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Yip, I never see Owen going in unfortunately. I think Martha is suing the WWE again in relation to Owen's inclusion in certain DVD releases, such as The Hart Family Anthology etc.:rolleyes:

The women seriously needs to move on with her life. She can never erase the prestigious career in wrestling Owen had, It was his life's legacy and it should be remembered and celebrated by both the current and future generations of fans to come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,438 ✭✭✭✭briany

Macho Man (R.I.P.) should be inducted by his brother Lanny if that were possible *cue several close ups of a tearful Stephanie. Zoom out to show a quietly seething Vince *. Additionally, his ex-wife and former valet, the first lady of the WWF R.I.P. Miss Elizabeth should be inducted also *cue several close-ups of a shifty looking Lex Luger.*

I don't blame Martha Hart for not wanting Owen inducted. The way that WWF/E handled the situation in the immediate wake of his death was distasteful in my opinion. They did not stop the PPV after word of his death came through and that was wrong. The Raw is Owen special was ill advised. It was less than 24 hours after the man had died in the most tragic circumstances and there had to be this big live grief-stravaganza. I know that the best of intentions were there but it felt too much like a show. They could have aired a best of Owen compilation and given more collected tributes in the days and weeks that followed when the devastating news sunk in.

Advertisement