Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Loss of pregnancy symptoms

Options
  • 15-03-2011 5:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭

Hi Girls,

Im just wondering if anyone else experienced a loss of pregnancy symptoms?? Im just coming up on the 10 weeks now and have been feeling tired / nauseous / urinating more often for the past 4 weeks or so, however today I feel completely different no tiredness nauseous frequent urinating.
    Had an Ultrasound last week and everything was perfect, no problems and not rescheduled until my regular 20 weeks scan.
    I can't help but worry that something is wrong?

Any comments appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

Congratulations. I've got 2 daughters myself. I remember the tiredness and other symptoms you've mentioned. Though with both of my pregnancies these symptoms eased off after about 8-10 weeks,returning again around the 7th month. Obviously each pregnancy is different. I would imagine what you are experiencing is very normal but i would reccommend that you reassure yourself by talking to your g.p. I also think worrying is another pregnancy symptom! All the best to you alde,for the rest of your pregnancy and with your little bundle when it arrives.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭alde

Thanks Ger, I am probably getting myself worked up over nothing (my 3rd pregnancy in 12 months) but it is so hard to try to ignore it. Hopefully your right and it is perfectly normal for the symptoms to just disappear. These are the longest 10 weeks of my life ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 766 ✭✭✭ger vallely

I do hope it all works out for you. But do check with your g.p,it will be well worth the peace of mind. The last thing you need right now is to be under stress. Check it out and then you will be able to enjoy this time. All the best.

I will give my gp a call in the morning, I feel im being a nuisance but im sure it will put my mind at ease. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Fidge13

alde: how did you get on? Praying for you.

• Advertisement

Thanks Fidge.

My doctor wasnt concerned about the loss of symptoms, so I really am none the wiser. My symptoms have not returned, maybe urinating in the night but apart from that nothing at at all, zero!!!

Really dont know what to be thinking. I was having a dull pain for several hours on Patricks day that I was at the time a little concerned about but no bleeding followed and pain went away naturally.

Im not due back in the hospital until 28th April im not sure thats going to be good for my sanity!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Would you consider investing in a fetal doppler? I have one and found it very reassuring. I am a midwife tho and am quite used to using them. Can be head wrecking if you can't find the heartbeat.

Would a private scan be an option to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭SarahJ

I bought a Doppler, was 25euro on eBay, best purchase I have ever made, just to put your mind at ease, and to hear the heartbeat and kicks is amazing.
    I have to say though, I started to feel better in the 11-12th week, just got over the horrible hung-over-all-the-time feeling! I think it was the relief after the first scan, knowing everything was all fine

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭3DataModem

alde wrote: »
    Thanks Fidge.

My doctor wasnt concerned about the loss of symptoms, so I really am none the wiser. My symptoms have not returned, maybe urinating in the night but apart from that nothing at at all, zero!!!

Really dont know what to be thinking. I was having a dull pain for several hours on Patricks day that I was at the time a little concerned about but no bleeding followed and pain went away naturally.

Im not due back in the hospital until 28th April im not sure thats going to be good for my sanity!!!

Hi there.

I still have my Angel doppler... my wife used it from 10 weeks. PM me your address and I will post it to you. No charge, just pay it forward.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,435 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

Would you consider having a private scan done? I had one at 8 weeks as I was worried sick with no symptoms and having had 2 previous miscarriages.. IMHO it's well worth the money.. you can't put a price on peace of mind..

I had mine done in Ultrasound Dimensions in Blackrock and it cost €145..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 Kbolt

Hiya Adel,

I thought a private scan was worth it.

Like xzanti, we went to ultrasound dimensions in blackrock, the peace of mind was worth it.

hope this helps.

xox

Crazy Cat, I think I will try the doppler. Is there any risk to the baby of using this?? I know they use them in the hospital but is there a risk of over using??

Sarah, I think I may just be passing the yulk stage. My urinating has come back to haunt me!!! But all other symptoms seem to have passed.

Thank you 3data.

Kbolt, I think I will try the doppler. I feel less worried than I was at the start of the week, hearing from people thats symptoms disappeared around the same time. I have started to urinate again more frequently and also at night a couple of times. So i am hoping that I will have a nice pregnancy from here on in. I will def go for a private scan if the doppler does not work out for me.

Thanks to everyone for all their help and advice.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,943 ✭✭✭3DataModem

alde wrote: »
    Crazy Cat, I think I will try the doppler. Is there any risk to the baby of using this?? I know they use them in the hospital but is there a risk of over using?.

No risk at all. It is basically just sound waves. You will hear your tummy grumble, heart beat, etc.

I got your PM, the device is in the post tomorrow. I am not sure if I have any ultrasound gel left but I've used shower gel, KY and baby oil with varying degrees of success!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

No known risks associated with a doppler! Don't be too concerned if you can't find the heart beat straight away tho. At such an early stage it can be tricky to find. Also make sure you look for s sound that is more of a knocking than a whooshing, A whooshing beat is either the placenta or the pulse in your iliac arteries..

Any water based jelly stuff will work as a conductor. KY jelly is probably the best

Advertisement