Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Chemistry: the write up of mandatory experiments

• 31-03-2015 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,
    I've been wondering this for a very very very long time. Is it obligatory to write up the mandatory experiments? As in will somebody check them?

I've been searching online and I couldn't find anything. Does anyone know?

I'm pretty behind on my write ups, so if it's necessary I gotta get to it asap.

Thanks ^_^

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

As far as I know there's no guarantee it'll be checked, but there's a chance it could be checked and if it's found you don't have them wrote up, you can be withheld from sitting the leaving cert chemistry exam, so better safe than sorry!

Not sure how correct this is, but this is what my chemistry teacher told us anyways.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,107 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's not really worth taking the chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 themne7

Okay that's good to know thanks. My friends keep telling me that it isn't mandatory and I'm not a risk taker.
    I've been writing up my physics one. It's a little silly how we have to write it up but it doesn't count for anything...

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭pleindespoir

Is this what wait no our class dont write up experiment, well atleast for chem. We just have an experiment book and handouts.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,232 ✭✭✭Bazinga_N

Is this what wait no our class dont write up experiment, well atleast for chem. We just have an experiment book and handouts.

Pretty sure the experiment books counts as writing them up. It just needs to act as 'proof' that you actually did the experiments.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36 ABCE

So do they just need to be written up as a sign of evidence or are they marked?

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭OMGeary

ABCE wrote: »
    So do they just need to be written up as a sign of evidence or are they marked?

Just as evidence I think. You get no marks for actually writing them up as you do in Junior Cert. The only marks for experiments are what you answer on the actual paper.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 ABCE

Ahh, so no need to spend hours on it then.I'll just jot down the main points into the lab copy then lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Mahmoudsaid_1

Just do it on your lab copy

Advertisement