Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Peavey Classic 50/410

• 31-01-2005 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭

just was looking around at amps and this one had an instant hook on me and i'd always liked it.

now at the moment i don't have the money for it but but i'm over in the states later near the end of summer and this bad boy is only
    $769 dollars from here. around 600 euros

compare that to this here and here (€908)

has anyone tried this amp as i don't think anywhere in town has one that i can try?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

1. it looks nasty
    2. you would need a new power transformer which would make up the difference in the us and europe prices. and shipping of course and all the random import taxes.

I believe it sounds sweet. Musician inc. may have them. Or you could get them to order one in for stock

• Registered Users Posts: 26,556 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

well i was heading over there in the summer so was thinking of picking up then.

i think it looks really sweet, different from the "traditional black".

this power transformer how much would that set me back?

The guy selling the Fender twin knows more than me cos he has one. Karl Hungus's Mesa will also require one. I haven't a clue how much they cost...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

You can plug into a step down transformer. €100 should cover you for that. But can you imagine trying to lug that thing about? A Head and cab are bad enough but a combo like that would weight a ****ing ton. Plus how were you planning on getting it back if you buy it in America?

Also, please fix your first post. The white font is annoying.

• Advertisement

feylya wrote:

Also, please fix your first post. The white font is annoying.
    Jesus Feylya, this mod-ness is really goin to yer head!

I can't read the ****ing thing without highlighting it. I'm just asking for a bit of concideration for people using the default boards skin.

sorry i dunno what happened with the font and i can't put it back to default :S

i hadn't planned on how to get it across to be honest, i was just seeing was it worth my while seeing as i'd be over there during the summer.

also feylya any opinions on the amp itself?

Point taken. I didn't realise it was white because all of my text is white

Cheers for the font change :D

As for the amp, I was contemplating the Peavey 30 myself. I don't have any first hand experience with the Classics but by all accounts, they're a great amp. Not for high gain sounds at all. There's a nice classic rock sound but not heavy rock/metal.

Think about it though. €600 if you buy in America. At least €100 shipping, probably more like €200 (it'll be as heavy as ****) plus a transformer and import tax if you're unlucky. You won't be saving as much as you think.

• Advertisement

ahh but this is the classic 50 not the 30

music123.com charge $197.56 to ship the Classic 50/212. That's €150 extra. Import on the amp would be about €150 so you're look at €900 before you even think about changing the transformer. Not good value imo.

Aye, tis the 50. Heard good things about that too but for €900 that it's gonna cost you, there's better. IMO at least. What sort of sound are you looking for?

looking for a small range of sounds but i mainly play

muse, biffy clyro, jimmy eat world, weezer, smashing pumpkins

Well, I'm only familiar with Muse. Lovely clean sounds with crunchy distortions. How much do you think you'll have to spend? The Classic 50 won't get that crunch without a pedal.

well i've an old boss sd2 lying around here that could do me for distortion

If you can afford 900, get a used DSL100 and 4x12 cab used. There's one in the FS section about a month old. It'll cover all of them bands.

Cremo wrote:
    well i've an old boss sd2 lying around here that could do me for distortion

TBH, hop into town with your pedal and see what the guitar shops have.

And I wouldn't suggest the half stack at all at all. My feelings about half stacks have been made clear before.

JCM900 combo 2x12 - €699 perfect. But, Ye'r not gettin it cos i found it first! It has two knobs broken and some tolex tears but still...

My mate bought one just like that for €350 but the seller backed out cos he realised he liked the amp :(

I think it's a bargain... Its in instrumental on bachelors walk. I dunno if it's still there but its gonna be mine if its there in march. Could someone from dublin have a look to see if its not sold???

• Advertisement

JCM900 combo 2x12 - €699 perfect. But, Ye'r not gettin it cos i found it first! It has two knobs broken and some tolex tears but still...

where's this?

if i won the lotto tomorrow i'd buy it just in spite heheh

At the moment, I don't really care about amps. I'm thinking abuot getting a loan for this....

http://www.ishibashi.co.jp/webshop/guitar/ibanez/gif/rg2770fm.jpg

Its in instrumental on bachelors walk.

Buy it and prepare for a duel!

*gets out duelling glove*

ignore half of my last post

Nice... I love Ibanezes (pluralise that!) How many yen?

Buy it and prepare for a duel!

*gets out duelling glove*

*gets out guitar and plugs it into JCM 900 combo*

Nice... I love Ibanezes (pluralise that!) How many yen?

100,800. Works out at €1200 shipped with case.

Not bad... I think i'll try to buy the snot green jem off of my old guitar teacher

Not bad... I think i'll try to buy the snot green jam off of my old guitar teacher

Don't try to eat it though :D

• Advertisement

Hahahahahaha how did I manage that! Anyway... how much should i expect to pay for an Ibanez Jem. From the early 90's I imagine, In good condition?

Advertisement