Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Fair City [News, Spoilers and Discussion v2]

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 403 ✭✭IsMiseLisa

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Ben gets a recording camera which records Jo and Dearbhla taking about Tommy and Jo's affair I am guessing we can expect a big moment like Eastenders when Max and Stacey's affair was revealed

Why would anyone get a five year old a video camera? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

IsMiseLisa wrote: »
    Why would anyone get a five year old a video camera? :rolleyes:

Isn't that how they recruit their directors?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭Eradicate

I like the actress who plays Caoimhe. It's not her fault her character is acarcrash waiting to happen...

Nope! The character is actually entertaining. The actress is just a dud. I never believe her

• Registered Users Posts: 5,438 ✭✭✭livinginkorea

angel01 wrote: »
    It is all a bit panto... :( I think Christy wants to move on, life is short, there is no point in hating people.

Personally I love them fighting and both trying to get Christy on their side, especially Bob. He's a great actor.

Eradicate wrote: »
    Nope! The character is actually entertaining. The actress is just a dud. I never believe her

I am kinda beginning to think the same way. I think she is too amateurish at times, like she is learning the ropes.

• Advertisement

Why is Orla putting up with Caoimhe in the first place..?

Guess she doesn't have anyone left now. Niamh is giving out to her every two seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭iceblue

(sun episode)....sean said something along the lines of paul and niamh will be rippon ie re the collection money being robbed?....rippon???? sounds like something they said on home and away and neighbours- neither of which ive watched since 1988... do the inner city dublin kids say rippon?

and charlie is just awful. 'i still find it difficult to read mags diary'.....i seriously doubt she had one, and if she did, it would have been just giving out about how anhoying he(charlie) was....the way he 'delivered' that line was just appawling.... kids in the junior infants nativity play say their lines with more emotion and ability than he does..... awful.

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭sue z

Ah lads! Ben and video camera for Xmas day?! Please say it aint so!! -_-

re the video camera for ben....you can get kids ones, so presumably this is what he gets......

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭tonyclifton

ah lads lay off the lovely caoimhe she can only read whats in the script...must admit the shoplifting storyline is very poor...sometimes the mind boggals at the scriptwriters.....and the video with ben exposing the affair very bad must try harder('',).....anyway Aoibheann McCaul who plays Caoimhe Dillion has to be the best looking actress ever to grace the screens of RTE('',)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭patwicklow

ah lads lay off the lovely caoimhe she can only read whats in the script...must admit the shoplifting storyline is very poor...sometimes the mind boggals at the scriptwriters.....and the video with ben exposing the affair very bad must try harder('',).....anyway Aoibheann McCaul who plays Caoimhe Dillion has to be the best looking actress ever to grace the screens of RTE('',)

ha ha ha what glasses do you wear go to spec savers will ye
    but then again she cant act she looks awful she,l go along way

patwicklow wrote: »
    ha ha ha what glasses do you wear go to spec savers will ye
    but then again she cant act she looks awful she,l go along way

ha ha really patwicklow do you not think she is good looking?.....I really think she is stunning.....and as for the acting sure is trying her best god bless her little cotton socks('',)

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

anyway Aoibheann McCaul who plays Caoimhe Dillion has to be the best looking actress ever to grace the screens of RTE('',)

How quickly they forget about Biddy....... :rolleyes:
    0002ea49-250.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

*Cough*.... Neasa

• Registered Users Posts: 10,699 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

*Cough*.... Neasa
    When orla appeared first, she was very good looking.

• Registered Users Posts: 492 ✭✭daniels.ducks

Oh forgot about the girl that Doloras took in! Forget her name.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

Oh forgot about the girl that Doloras took in! Forget her name.

Cleo.

There's also Heather - amazing looker.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭msg11

They need to get that Fergus bloke into that shop in Fair City ASAP.

Him and Christy would be a funny combo, imagine him hitting Christy like he did to your man in ad. Then Christy grabbing him, saying that he better watch himself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

msg11 wrote: »
    They need to get that Fergus bloke into that shop in Fair City ASAP.

Him and Christy would be a funny combo, imagine him hitting Christy like he did to your man in ad. Then Christy grabbing him, saying that he better watch himself.

The astrologer Fergus Gibson? He appeared in the old Phelan's shop one year. Came across as a total tool - as he is in real life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭ameliajane

To those who give out about the acting quality in fc, I say there are some wonderful talented actors - Bryan Murray, remember Clelia Murphy when her mum died, very credible and emotional scenes, Aisling O'Neill to name a few. The others have to start from some where and it is great to see that they are getting the opportunities to learn from the top that are present on the set.

• Advertisement

ameliajane wrote: »
    To those who give out about the acting quality in fc, I say there are some wonderful talented actors - Bryan Murray, remember Clelia Murphy when her mum died, very credible and emotional scenes, Aisling O'Neill to name a few. The others have to start from some where and it is great to see that they are getting the opportunities to learn from the top that are present on the set.

The thing that annoys me is that there *are* great actors in Ireland, or at least actors who are at a far better quality than some of those Fair City pay to work as professional actors.

Caoimhe, that new Kelly girl, amongst others, are terrible. *I* could act better than Caoimhe. There is acting talent out there, but there's a stigma attached to Fair City. A lot of the industry think it's rubbish. One of my lecturers refers to it as Fair '****ty'. Actors, directors, whoever, have a habit of seeing themselves as being above FC - which can lead to something of the rubbish calibre that sometimes presents itself in their productions.

I study TV and Media Productions. We were discussing job prospects, and all but me decided they wouldn't want to work in Fair City as it isn't "good" enough.

Shoddy workmanship doesn't entirely inspire pride.

There is great talent in Ireland - Fair City just need to work harder to find, hire and promote them, thus revolutionising a programme that could be great.

/rant. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,723 ✭✭✭nice_very

nlgbbbblth wrote: »
    The astrologer Fergus Gibson? He appeared in the old Phelan's shop one year. Came across as a total tool - as he is in real life.

full moon fergus? LOL carbon copy of yer man who was on that dancing ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,030 ✭✭✭angel01

Christmas Day:
    In Monastery Avenue, Vivienne is overjoyed when Zumo and Decco present her Christmas present - Denzo - but her happiness quickly turns to worry when she questions why he is here and whether Ritchie knows he left. He deflects questions about what he has been doing and says he just wants to enjoy Christmas with his family.

Later, Bob calls to the Bishops' house and tells them that he knows Denzo is there. He says that he's giving them a chance as Paul knows about Denzo and is going to tell Deegan tomorrow. Later, the distraught family say goodbye to him again and he leaves Carrigstown with Eileen for good.

Meanwhile, Ben is delighted that he got a camera from Santa, which not only takes pictures but records video clips as well. Later, Jo has the camera in her bag when she talks to Dearbhla, begging her to try and move forward from what has happened. Towards the end of the day, Dermot places the camera under the tree and as he leaves the room, a taped conversation between an angry Dearbhla and upset Jo can be heard from the camera...

Elsewhere, Bela, Suzanne, Charlie, Esther and Yvonne gather for their Christmas meal in Vinos. As the girls prepare it, Charlie threatens to go to the community centre for a 'proper Christmas dinner'. Suzanne and Esther happily watch Bela and Charlie suffer and enjoy every minute of winding each other up. Soon afterwards, Esther and Yvonne start to annoy each other, and Esther makes things worse when she tells a disappointed Bela that she knows the sex of the baby.

Also today, some mistletoe causes Val and Leo to kiss, Sash and Dean to kiss, and Pete and Dolores kiss and make up

Tuesday, Dec 27
    An anxious Dermot tells Jo that one of his old clients has started in a new organisation and offered him a new job as head of accounts. The only problem is that the new job is in Galway. Jo is delighted as it means she can get away from the Dillons, but she fails to persuade Dermot to accept the job.

Later, Jo calls the social worker and secretly enquires about keeping the girls if she relocates to Galway. Dermot is conflicted when he realises how much Jo wants to move away. She asks him to think of her and Ben - saying that they need a secure future.

Meanwhile, Val meets with Dolores and tells her that she thinks Leo is avoiding her. Later, Val meets Leo and she notes that he didn't flee when he saw her this time. She tells him that he needs to start chasing her a bit more.

Elsewhere, Dean asks Sash for a chance and they decide to take their relationship slowly and not to become physical until they know it means something. They try to do the '40 days, 40 night wait'

Wed, Dec 28
    Jo insists to Dermot that she is serious about leaving Carrigstown. After Jo confides in Dolores and Pete about the job offer, Pete tells Dermot that jobs are slow and he would snap up the Galway job if he were him. Soon afterwards, Dermot meets with Judith and Tommy over the situation. Tommy says that a move is a great idea and Judith remains silent, knowing why Tommy is really offering this advice.

Later, Dermot tells Jo that he has decided to take the job. The pair realise they have to tell the girls, so they gather everyone around the table and tell them what is happening. But the news is received badly by Kelly and Zoe, while Ben begs for his new sisters to be allowed to move.

Meanwhile, Leo meets with Val and asks her out on a proper date, much to Val's delight. He tells her that he is going to make lunch for her at his house, but the meeting doesn't go well. Later, Val stands up Leo for their double date with Dolores and Leo.

Elsewhere, Sash and Caoimhe continue to argue; Dolores is shocked that Wayne is still so down and out; while Sash questions Dean's ability to remain abstinent.

Dec 29
    In the Faheys' house, Dermot is feeling increasingly guilty about leaving and betraying Kelly and Zoe. Both girls are ignoring Jo as they know she pushed to leave Carrigstown. Later, as the shelter fundraiser begins, Dermot stands up and makes a speech about his wife and how wonderful she is. He also includes Tommy in his thanks. Jo is extremely uncomfortable and Dearbhla throws her hateful looks.

Soon afterwards, Dearbhla storms out and Judith follows. Silence ensues and Tommy and Jo are forced to cover for the goings-on, but Bob is suspicious. Later, Dermot tells the Dillons that they are definitely moving and Judith notes how devastated he is to lose the girls. She tells Tommy how bad she feels and is shocked at how callous Tommy is in response.

Meanwhile, Dolores is disappointed to hear that Wayne didn't get the contact he was looking for. Later, Dolores tells Wayne that she has always believed in him and is going to gift him €30,000.

Elsewhere, Neasa and Sash make peace with each other; Leo admits that his dating skills are rusty; while Sash and Dean's flirtation is cut short when Neasa and a shocked Caoimhe walk in on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,668 ✭✭✭DeepBlue

Meanwhile, Ben is delighted that he got a camera from Santa, which not only takes pictures but records video clips as well. Later, Jo has the camera in her bag when she talks to Dearbhla, begging her to try and move forward from what has happened. Towards the end of the day, Dermot places the camera under the tree and as he leaves the room, a taped conversation between an angry Dearbhla and upset Jo can be heard from the camera...
    It seems a Fair City writer has been watching too much Christmas Eastenders. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

DeepBlue wrote: »
    It seems a Fair City writer has been watching too much Christmas Eastenders. :pac:

:D i thought the above was joking when i asked few days ago

• Registered Users Posts: 544 ✭✭✭Long Room Hubba

DeepBlue wrote: »

Oi! Leave it aaaht, you slaaaag! :pac:

Was it just me or my telly, or was there some sound issues going on in tonight's FC? :)

cant wait for Leo to bang out a few tunes on the guitar Christmas Day the man is a legend...I remember he was playing the blues in an episode once...Quite a good guitar player in fairness....they should let him sing the new theme tune!!!....I believe January we will have a look opening theme tune written by a "famous" Irish Artist i hear('',)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭max life

Did I hear right?? Phelans is open on Christmas Day???? Is that not a bit unusual?

• Advertisement

no? most little newsagent shops are open christmas day and always have been at least in the morning to cash in on the last minute chocolates and batteries and cream ....sure everywhere will be open the following day for the sales?.... its not the 1970s....when we were ruled by the catholic church and everything closed....superquinn et al open on st patricks day too.... nothing sacred any more. feel sorry for people who have to work in these shops....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement