Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Service light reset. [all models database]

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 640 ✭✭✭v240gltse

hi

this may work on earlier/later models but worked on my 1997 and 1999 E-class Mercs

Here goes:

1/ remote lock the car

2/ remote unlock the car

3/ sit in , close door, put seat belt on driver side

4/ key to position 2, tap quickly twice the 0 button

5/ turn key to off

6/ hold down 0 button turn key back to position 2, keep holding down button

7/ within 10 sec. should hear the beep then it is reset to 10k miles

best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 23,260 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Plug wrote: »
    New golfs its actually in the menu just scroll down and reset. All you need is common sense:)

If they are anything like my audi, the oil reset on screen only allows one oil service reset. Any additional reset would need alternative procedure. I got vagcom for my car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,617 ✭✭✭kildare.17hmr

Anyone know how to reset the service light on a 2002 renault megane 1.4? Cant remember and cant find it on a google search

• Registered Users Posts: 618 ✭✭✭mondeoman2

Slidey wrote: »
    I think a good idea for a thread for all the different models out there.

I used to know the VW one, it is something like press the trip button with the ignition off. Turn on ignition, release button, press again and turn the clock adjuster to the right.

Someone will probably set me right now!

Anyway, if you know of the proper sequence for any model please put them up in this thread

most models are covered here by myself.:)http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=60207&highlight=service+light+reset

Advertisement