Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

My programme to change chords.

Options
  • 01-02-2005 11:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭

Some ruthless and shamless pluggin on my behalf here.

A friend of mine plays guitar and wanted a way to change the chords of a guitar by shifting them along. (changing the key?) Anyway that's a boring thing to have to do and a computer programme could do it nice and quick. Being the hacker that I am, I wrote such a programme for him. And I might as well share it with the world.

It's available at http://rory.netsoc.com/webapps/chords.php. It's a web application, so you don't have to download anything or pay me anything (you can if you want :) ). Just go there, put your music chords into the box and press 'transform'. It'll change the key to all possible keys and tell you the results.

I'd appreciate feedback/suggestions/etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,684 ✭✭✭david

It's a bit pointless.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,359 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

Quite pointless. Just searchs for the letter and runs it through a Select statement.

Fair play for doing it and all though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

yeah pretty pointless..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

The original C#m7
    Moved along by 1 Dm7
    Moved along by 2 D#m7
    Moved along by 3 Em7
    Moved along by 4 Fm7
    Moved along by 5 F#m7
    Moved along by 6 Gm7
    Moved along by 7 G#m7
    Moved along by 8 A#m7
    Moved along by 9 Bm7
    Moved along by 10 Cm7
    Moved along by 11 C#m7

Dude, if your friend doesn't know that D comes after C then he ought to go back to junior infants :)

Nice, but of no real value to a musician, if you could put in a chord and it tells you the notes within the chord or shows the chord shape, that might be useful. As it is though, even a drummer knows Cm7 comes after Bm7 :p

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 184 ✭✭disgruntled

I find this one really good, its similar to chordfind but its also got scales.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

My friend just wanted some way to change the chord of songs. He knows how to play them (AFAIK). He found it handy, and I though some people might like it.
    feylya wrote:
    Just searchs for the letter and runs it through a Select statement.
    Yeah pretty much. :)
    Doctor J wrote:
    The original C#m7
    Moved along by 1 Dm7
    Moved along by 2 D#m7
    Moved along by 3 Em7
    Moved along by 4 Fm7
    Moved along by 5 F#m7
    Moved along by 6 Gm7
    Moved along by 7 G#m7
    Moved along by 8 A#m7
    Moved along by 9 Bm7
    Moved along by 10 Cm7
    Moved along by 11 C#m7

Dude, if your friend doesn't know that D comes after C then he ought to go back to junior infants
    What should the correct out put be? As far as I can see from that output D does come after C in that. It goes C, D. What am I missing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,045 ✭✭✭Fusion251

Man that is poo. If your mate is too lazy to learn the notes on his instrument there's no need for you to be writing him a program to help, he'll never get too far as a musician anyway.

:cool:

Fusion

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

Fusion251 wrote:
    Man that is poo. If your mate is too lazy to learn the notes on his instrument there's no need for you to be writing him a program to help, he'll never get too far as a musician anyway.

:cool:

Fusion
    He only wanted it to change the chords of a whole song. He could do it himselt, but one should never do something again and again if a computer can do it.

Advertisement