Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wifi switched off on laptop.

Options
  • 24-06-2014 6:15pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭

I've found that the WIFi option on my laptop has been switched off.I've no idea how it happened or how to turn it back on again.Its a HP Pavillion.Any advice welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

HP use the pavilion name for many models, whats yours? And what OS? Check for hardware switches, or touch-sensitive soft buttons, also check Network Connections and Device Manager

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

bonzodog2 wrote: »
    HP use the pavilion name for many models, whats yours? And what OS? Check for hardware switches, or touch-sensitive soft buttons, also check Network Connections and Device Manager

Its a G6.And OS is Windows 8.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,210 ✭✭✭bonzodog2

this suggests F12 may control the wifi, but not sure if this applies to Win8. Try Device Manager otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

I had this problem on an HP Pavillion DM3. I eventually found the solution on the HP site. I can't remember exactly what the steps were, but if you search the help on the HP site you should find it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

Theres a problem with my HP its not working at the moment.I've gone into device manager and thetres no sign of a WI Fi adaptor.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭STEINBERG

click start,click control panel,click classic view on upper left, scroll to the bottom line of icons and click mobility center, at mobility center,upper right click turn wireless on

Advertisement