Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MotoGP 2014 News & Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭Stevo105

ninja900 wrote: »
    That's just a bog-standard email and in fairness the vast majority of the complaints they'd get would probably be due to the user's PC / broadband.

The problem on Saturday was with secure.motogp.com not responding, not the servers that actually play out the video but the ones that authenticate you. Sounds like a genuine tech issue not just demand. Highest demand would be during the race anyway and there were no problems then.

Anyway, it's a subscription service and they know exactly from the number of subscribers what demand they need to be able to cater for. It seems to use Amazon's cloud so it should be easy enough for them to scale it up as required.

Here is another reply i got from Motogp
    We had 2 issues during the weekend : during the FP4 on Saturday and at the beginning of the Moto2 race on Sunday. It was fixed minutes later.

I don't agree. Live feed of Moto3 stopped working for me after just a few laps. i tried chrome and IE same issue couldn't get it started again. My PC is cabled not wifi and my speed test at the time was saying 85MB download. Then when i tried to watch Moto3 again from nospoiler (during the time the live motogp race was on) its froze with 7 laps remaining. had to do a refresh then guess were i left off. the same thing happened with Moto2. When i played MotoGP from nospoiler it played the entire video with out stopping.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,872 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I only bought my videopass with a couple of days to go, they probably sold thousands in the last week. 3 weeks to next race, hopefully everything will go smoother by then. I only watched the moto2 and 3 races in catch-up so didn't see a problem with those.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Did anyone actually watch the high lights on ITV 4 last night? ,got a blank screen and a notice about unable to show due to licence agreements

Absolutely gutted first time in 20+ years I missed a a race weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

Gatling wrote: »
    Did anyone actually watch the high lights on ITV 4 last night? ,got a blank screen and a notice about unable to show due to licence agreements

I watched it on my Skybox, it was fine.

CJhaughey wrote: »
    I watched it on my Skybox, it was fine.

Just rang UPC ( UPC specific) nothing they can do all other programs are available to watch on itv 4 except touring cars and motogp,

Absolutely ridiculous ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,467 ✭✭✭h3000

Are you a UPC customer? I believe this happens a lot on UPC with sports on ITV.

0118 999 881 999 119 725 3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,619 ✭✭✭Infoanon

h3000 wrote: »
    Are you a UPC customer? I believe this happens a lot on UPC with sports on ITV.

UPC block all ITV4 sports - not just BTCC & MotoGP

• Registered Users Posts: 811 ✭✭✭EB_2013

:(, lucky I got it in on a stream as I was going to make do with ITV4's coverage but looks like BT are going to be getting some of my hard earned cash now.

Great first race, can't remember the last time the MotoGP race was better than the Moto2 and 3 ones. Marquez is something else, I can't see anyone getting close to him this season.

EB_2013 wrote: »
    Marquez is something else, I can't see anyone getting close to him this season.

Agreed. and thats him injured. He has yet to finish off the podium in MotoGP. We the fans need closer racing just like the rossi marquez fight. lets hope the open class and ducati start to become a threat, just like Aleix Espargaro is doing now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

I have UPC so I cannot watch the race on ITV4, and to buy setanta to get BT sport is €16 a month! Looks like I have to buy the video pass and watch it on the iPad, it's madness they must have wiped out half the viewers in one go switching to just BT!
    The GP was great though!

• Advertisement

bladebrew wrote: »
    I have UPC so I cannot watch the race on ITV4, and to buy setanta to get BT sport is €16 a month! Looks like I have to buy the video pass and watch it on the iPad,

Finally got to watch in a mates ,

Fantastic GP glad to see Vale actually racing again ,

As for UPC Bahhhhh Humbug ,

Sorry sir ,its not our fault we have to block some programs readily viewed in the uk,
    And no sir you can't remove ITV 4 from your package

**Apologies for the off topicness**

Looks like its business as usual for the factory bikes, rather than the breakthrough that the Open class promised. Hayden and Redding doing workmanlike performances on the RCV1000's and the Forward and Tech 3's seem to be just a shade faster.
    The M1's fuel problems seemed to have been somewhat sorted in the off season with Rossi not running out at Quatar.
    Motegi and Mugello will tell a lot though.
    I wonder if Cal is feeling any better about the move, whatever he might feel about the competitiveness of the bike, I am sure the salary more than makes up for it:D
    Winning is always good but being financially secure is a close second,

Having fewer restrictions on development should help Ducati close up the gap. It should make life a bit easier for Suzuki next year too and possibly a factory Aprilia in 2016.

The open bikes will probably fall back a bit as the season goes on (just watched a Colin Edwards interview on motogp.com, they have basically a 2014 Tech3 frame/swingarm but will get no new Yamaha parts for the rest of the season) but might still be competitive at certain circuits where the soft tyre or fuel allowance helps, or in the rain.

Life ain't always empty.

Colin Edwards has announced that he will retire at end of the 2014 season - a fan favourite who always gives a great interview

Infoanon wrote: »
    Colin Edwards has announced that he will retire at end of the 2014 season - a fan favourite who always gives a great interview

Aw, he will be a big loss to the paddock. I can see him doing some sort of presenting in the future but probably not on our side of the Atlantic. I'd love to try out his boot camp at some stage.

Surprised he's announced it so early, you'd think he'd keep it to himself for the time being or at least within the team.

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭legrand

chaps - how does the commentary on BT or Videopass compare to Toby & Julian (I for one enjoyed them). If its anything like former BBC commentary I'd be disappointed ..

legrand wrote: »
    chaps - how does the commentary on BT or Videopass compare to Toby & Julian (I for one enjoyed them). If its anything like former BBC commentary I'd be disappointed ..

Well Jules is part of the BT Sport comms team along with Keith Huewen and it's every bit as good and even better than the Eurosport days. Gavin Emmett and Neil Hodgson cover some of the FP sessions and are quite good too.

Oh and Matt Birt of MCN is also in the comms box for some sessions.

legrand wrote: »

Videopass commentary is the same as the BBC had on Moto2/3 last year, much better than Pox'n'Carrish...

Life ain't always empty.

In fairness while he is a good interview he should really have retired a few years ago.
    Cool guy and I wish him all the best but at this level you need to be fast or makes space for someone who is faster.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Good opening day here at COTA, really impressed by the facility. If anyone is sitting on the fence about coming here you should just book the tickets!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Marquez taking the piss now, sets the fastest lap after falling off in T1 lol

Good news, dislocated finger not a broken hand for Cal following the crash.

Good news, dislocated finger not a broken hand for Cal following the crash.

Hopefully he will have a much quicker recovery so. Interesting race today so it was.

And to make things worse Dovi goes and gets a podium. I always feel he's underrated and doesn't get talked out much. He was consistent at Honda and was mixing it with Cal when they were at Tech3 together. Good solid rider.

EB_2013 wrote: »
    And to make things worse Dovi goes and gets a podium. I always feel he's underrated and doesn't get talked out much. He was consistent at Honda and was mixing it with Cal when they were at Tech3 together. Good solid rider.

Dovi is one of the most underrated guys on the whole grid, really quick and comes across as a really nice guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Just getting everything finished up after COTA. Have to say I was hugely impressed by the facility, if anyone is thinking of going to a race there in the future I can't say enough positives about it. Great track for viewing from, lots of very interesting corners and the stands and general admission areas all seemed top notch.

Over the weekend I was lucky enough to talk to a hero of mine, Wayne Rainey. My first memory is seeing Ayrton Senna crashing out of the 88 Monaco GP but Rainey is the first biker that I can remember seeing. It was his fights with Kevin Schwantz that first got me somewhat interested in MotoGP (it took another few years for me to fully commit!) but meeting both Wayne and Schwantz was a personal highlight of my time covering MotoGP. It was only for five mins but here's a link to the interview

I also spent a morning with Ben Spies in Dallas before travelling to Austin and that interview should be online later in the week. Was talking to Spies for about 90 mins and got loads of interesting bits and pieces from him.

I'll try and post up some pics from the weekend as well soon

Motogp video pass: anybody else getting stuttery playback. it jumps slightly every few frames with there new player for me. Was working fine for the first race on there old player at the start of the season

• Registered Users Posts: 7,101 ✭✭✭Max Headroom

:confused::confused::confused::confused:..watched motogp last night on itv4....was it a mistake..never usually show it....happy though as i didnt hear the result....pedrosa was brilliant...

• Advertisement

^They've got the rights to show highlights for the season in the UK. Blocked on UPC though :(

Advertisement