Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Buying an Xbox from UK

• 06-07-2003 11:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭

I am about to buy an xbox from the UK, but i was wondering if it will work here. It says it comes with a AV cable, but will that work over here or will i need a scart cable? Plus can any of you tell me other Things i will need to take in mind when buying the xbox from the UK thanks,

Stormfox1020

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,856 ✭✭✭Clover

yeh it will work here , so will the av.
    if you have a souround system pick yourself up the advanced scart lead as that has an optical out on it.

why are you getting one in from the uk ? with p+p are you saving that much on the price here?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

Yea im saving loads im buying 3 games + the controller S, all for 340 euros which includes P+P and VAT. That over here would cost me 400 Euros so its a 60 euro save. Games over here gost 65 new rite, well i can get new games for £29.99 which is 42 euro with like a 5 euro shipping charge so it works out good. Im gona probably stick with buying games from UK 2, works out cheaper in the long run.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

For games try Play.com (free p&p), however last time I looked they won't send consoles here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 197 ✭✭Konix

when you buy an xbox in game the games are only 50 euro each to a max of 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

I live in Dundalk, so i bought my XBOX in GAME in Newry which is supplied from the UK... its exactly the same version, video and audio wise etc... As far as I know the XBOX's sold in Irish retail stores are sourced from the UK anyway....

anywho... if you can get to Newry, you could save the P+P and still get the good deal

I got mine in November 2002 and i got Halo, Splinter Cell, Sega GT and Jet Set Radio Future and a second controller for €380.... that should be a lot cheaper now though...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

I got an Xbox, Controller S, Unreal Championship, Midtown Madness 3, Brute Force, Wolf all for 420 Euro including postage and packing so its not bad, but i remember back then they did a deal where u get Sega GT 2002 and Jet Set Radio Future free, They werent very good games anyway, Sega GT 2002 was ok tho had sum nice looking cars.

Advertisement