Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Concert reunions

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

It's ok Matthew, there's no need to get so upset and start writing bad poetry about crying over clouds again.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

I hate you all

What an emo thing to say...

em em em em

I'm gonna curl up in a ball now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Mr.D.Leprachaun

Anyone mind telling me what emo is? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

em em em em

Was the O implied then? :p

Mr.D.Leprachaun: Emo is everything Matthewthebig stands for.

seriously stop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

The Melvins are finally coming! Anyone going to that?

As in Jello Biafra and? Weren't they here last month?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Karlusss

Jello Kennedys Biafra? Also in Melvins, or terrible confusion?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Biafra played the Village with The Melvins on the twentieth of last month. Are the Melvins playing again?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 238 ✭✭Per Liefsonson

Biafra played the Village with The Melvins on the twentieth of last month. Are the Melvins playing again?
    The gig was cancelled. But the Melvins are playing on October 1st on their own. They're just playing the first (and best) album

Funkeh. Would have liked to see Biafra.

Meh, the Melvins rock on their own as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭Chris IS Cool

Anyone mind telling me what emo is? :confused:

According to something I read once, emo is an outgrowth of hardcore punk with emotional lyrics...

To be honest, I don't think there's a less appropriate word than "hardcore" you could use to describe emo... No offense meant to anyone.

Well, hardcore in the modern sense, where adding "core" to the end of any word makes it a musical genre connected to emo...

Well not necessarily for metalcore.

Particularly for metalcore! Metalcore is glorified heavier emo! Trivium for example: If they left out the emo moments and breakdowns, they could be an animal metal band, but they lose me when they go emo. The guitar work is wonderful though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Mr.D.Leprachaun

So getting worked up and emotional while signing hard-rock is emo?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Vaguely put, yes. It's a little different than that, though.

These people try and explain it, but what they're explaining is the less commonly accepted form of emo. What the term 'emo' nowadays refers to would be, in my words, a kind of whiny pop-punk. Only actually good.

• Advertisement

Particularly for metalcore! Metalcore is glorified heavier emo! Trivium for example: If they left out the emo moments and breakdowns, they could be an animal metal band, but they lose me when they go emo. The guitar work is wonderful though.
    Mastodon and Shadows Fall. Two metalcore bands with absolutely nothing to do with emo. And as for the core=emo, what about emocore?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭Love

Anyone going to Steve Vai?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Emocore is like emo squared.
    Or emo with hardcore leanings.

Mastodon and Shadows Fall. Two metalcore bands with absolutely nothing to do with emo. And as for the core=emo, what about emocore?

You should be slapped! There's a massive differencce between metalcore and metal, and Mastodon are most certainly metal, through and through! Am considering Vai, but Pogues takes the fundage away, unless I get more...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭guX

Speaking of Trivium, is anyone going to Trivium? It's on the 23rd of September.

You should be slapped! There's a massive differencce between metalcore and metal, and Mastodon are most certainly metal, through and through! Am considering Vai, but Pogues takes the fundage away, unless I get more...
    Ghagh! Must end silly debate about genres! Can we just settle it at some metalcore has emo influences and some doesn't?! Matt, you started this!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

He would :p;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Undergod

Vaguely put, yes. It's a little different than that, though.

These people try and explain it, but what they're explaining is the less commonly accepted form of emo. What the term 'emo' nowadays refers to would be, in my words, a kind of whiny pop-punk. Only actually good.

Fun site.

Might be going to trivium. Probably won't.

Oh, and the man who criticizes anything approaching text-speak entered a badly punctuated title for his rant! Oh oh look at this...

"Help, help! I'm bleeding! I'm dying! OH!" [death]

Who am I? That's right, I'm the english language. You have a lot to answer for, Raph.

• Advertisement

Oh bugger off

Advertisement