Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Teaching Interview Tips

Options
  • 08-08-2015 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi, I have a secondary school teaching interview next week and have been advised of some key areas for interview, most are self explanatory. However, could anyone shed some light on the below 2 key areas and what they mean and are looking for?

1. Professional Responsibility
    2. Information Handling

Thanks for any help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

PF28 wrote: »
    Hi, I have a secondary school teaching interview next week and have been advised of some key areas for interview, most are self explanatory. However, could anyone shed some light on the below 2 key areas and what they mean and are looking for?

1. Professional Responsibility
    2. Information Handling

Thanks for any help

Professional Responsibility is about your conduct with your students.

Information Handling is to do with Facebook, Snapchat and all that social media.

Best of luck in the interview and I hope I have been of some help to you.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,130 ✭✭✭Roquentin

having a relationship with a student who is either over the legal age or has graduated from secondary school would be dangerous territory. in the uk for instance you cannot have a relationship with a former student.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭man_no_plan

I doubt that you have to be honest, keeping stum about a relationship with a minor with whom you have a care role is appallingly poor advice, in fact your whole post is nonsense.

For the above I would consult the teaching council code of professional conduct.

As for the original question what do you think it means op? People, particularly teachers, are more inclined to help out when the feel you're genuinely stuck rather than too lazy to bother trying to come up with your own opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭aunt aggie

Professional Responsibility is basically if your sleeping with one of your students then they must be of the legal age to have sex. Anything under is not allowed and is actually sackable. So keep stum if you are.

Information Handling is to do with Facebook, Snapchat and all that social media. You are not allowed be friends with your students on these, unless of course they are over the legal age to have sex, which in that case then its ok.

Disgustingly ignorant comment from start to finish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Stopitwillya

aunt aggie wrote: »
    Disgustingly ignorant comment from start to finish.

Attack the post not the poster.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,108 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Attack the post not the poster.

Take a week long break and stop backseat moderating.

Advertisement