Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Asking Gardi if they are a member of AGS

Options
  • 27-10-2013 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭

Just a trivial one ladies and gents. A pal and myself were discussing if you ask a Garda (plain closed etc) if they are a Garda do they need to tell you?

Anyone settle this for us?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Mikros

No they don't have to tell you, unless they need to (e.g. your being searched / detained / arrested etc.) Then they need to identify themselves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

Sounds like the urban legend from when I was a kid is still doing the grounds. If you ask an undercover guard if they're a guard, they have to tell you, so if you ask every time you buy drugs off anyone you don't know, there's no way you can be arrested etc etc :pac:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,204 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Sounds like the urban legend from when I was a kid is still doing the grounds. If you ask an undercover guard if they're a guard, they have to tell you, so if you ask every time you buy drugs off anyone you don't know, there's no way you can be arrested etc etc :pac:

Presumably ask before you buy?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,442 ✭✭✭Sulla Felix

godtabh wrote: »
    Presumably ask before you buy?
    Yeah.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

LeBash wrote: »
    Just a trivial one ladies and gents. A pal and myself were discussing if you ask a Garda (plain closed etc) if they are a Garda do they need to tell you?

Anyone settle this for us?

Nope. Don't have to tell you if there an actor either!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,504 ✭✭✭LeBash

Hanx. Well settled and im a tenner up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,114 ✭✭✭rameire

If you ask they have to put their Garda hat on.

🌞 3.8kwp, 🌞 Split 2.28S, 1.52E. 🌞 Clonee, Dub.🌞

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 175 ✭✭sonny jim bob jones

What about their oats?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

What about their oats?

Rye would you ask for that?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 175 ✭✭sonny jim bob jones

Bepolite wrote: »
    Rye would you ask for that?

Wheat are you talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 78,241 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I understand that this is the case in the USA (but don't rely on me), but not in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭blastit

What about their oats?
    LOL:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,064 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

rameire wrote: »
    If you ask they have to put their Garda hat on.

And lets not forget they can only arrest you with their hats on and they have to give their hats to pregnant women to pee into.

:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,482 ✭✭✭JG009

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭jonsnow

Victor wrote: »
    I understand that this is the case in the USA (but don't rely on me), but not in Ireland.

that wasn't badgers experience.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3eVez_EpeuM

Advertisement