Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

missing keys for keyboard on

• 28-10-2008 5:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

I have a siemens fujitsu laptop but I'm missing the buttons for the "H" and "K" on my keyboard is there anywhere I can get them replaced?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭charlesD

I would check with the manufacturer first and find out the cost of a new keyboard and the cost of only buying only the missing keys. Then, compare that to the cost of a new keyboard on an auction site like ebay.

Usually it is easier to simply replace the keyboard, because fitting the keys back on can be a little tricky, but of course this is more expensive as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Aved

I can still use the keys its just need to have the cover over it stating the letter/number.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭kikel

Start searching for new keys because if the plastic rubber underneath breakes the key will be totally useless. Then ya'll have to get a new keyboard. Fujitsu Siemens charge big money for parts. Ebay would be your best bet. Some places sell keys individually which would be the best bet.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,046 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Ring the manufacturer, they'll probably send you one out for free.

Advertisement