Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GNIB stamp due to expire, yet still waiting on 10yr residency decision...? Advice!

• 30-10-2013 7:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi,

Ok, I'm an EU citizen, and I've been living in Ireland a few years now. My wife (American) applied for a 10yr residency months and months ago, and due to a backlog we're still waiting on the decision on that. According to eutreatyrights @ justice.ie, the decision will be made shortly.

The only thing I'm concerned about is that her GNIB card (stamp 4) expires next week. The GNIB officer in my town has been hesitant in the past to extend this, as she sees it as not her say-so, rather, it's down to INIS in Dublin. What happens therefore if we go in on Monday (when they re-open) and the don't give her another GNIB card/extension? I sort of feel like we're in limbo, and do NOT want to have any gaps in her stamps for when we apply for naturalization....

Comments

Advertisement