Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Looking for a Laptop

Options
  • 20-10-2008 10:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭

Didn't know whether to post this here or over in "Bargain Alerts" but you's would have more of the things up your sleeves.;) Looking basically for a laptop, nothing major be for listening to music, watching movies, playing the odd game (mainly Football Manager), using the internet and typing a few times up. Looking for a cheap enough one, but decent enough.

Looking for about 2GB RAM (atm on my desktop I have 2.5GB), 250GB Hard-drive, Quad Core/Dual Core (whatever they're being called), 16" or 17" screen, and a DVD rewriter.

Suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,963 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭biologikal

You might be better off browsing the laptop forum or posting your question there. I don't know much about the state of current laptops and where best to buy, but I keep hearing that the Tescos Fujitsu-Siemens (sp.) are good value laptops. Dell often have offers, but you have to be quick as the offer only lasts a day or two. I think details are often posted in the laptop forum, or in the bargain alerts forum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

moving to the correct forum.

*edit*

Well i would, if i could move it to the laptop forum. For some reason it is not showing up.

Advertisement