Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Physics Mocks

• 02-03-2006 8:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭

Hey everybody. I have my physics mocks tomorrow, just wondering does anyone know what came up???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

First of all, we don't know cos we don't know what company makes your papers.

Second of all, there is a search button just up there. Someone posted an entire paper somewhere, so go find it.

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭brid_m

wow you're so helpful

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

OctavarIan she was only asking a question ,You could be a bit more friendly and helpful,
    Are you doing Higher or Ordinary Brid?

Thank you!!!:D
    I'm doing higher, just did my exam yesterday, think i did ok. Do u do physics too??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 887 ✭✭✭Rockerette

my exam was a bitch of an exam.
    absolutely horribly hard.

the teacher agreed...

hhmmm i'll get my results next week i think..

• Advertisement

I didn't get a chance to ask my teacher wot he tought of the paper. Which one did you get.. the one with the spacecraft, equilbrium and so on. Or the other paper. Parts of mine were really hard, it didn't help that i couldn't remember most of my definitions and stuff!!!!!!

excuse the spelling!! I meant what he thought!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,736 ✭✭✭OctavarIan

phenom wrote:
    OctavarIan she was only asking a question ,You could be a bit more friendly and helpful,

I was being helpful. I can't read her mind to find out what company makes her papers, so I asked. Harmless. I also pointed out that there is a thread with one company's paper posted in it. Excuse me for not having the time to find it for her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭exiot

brid_m wrote:
    I didn't get a chance to ask my teacher wot he tought of the paper. Which one did you get.. the one with the spacecraft, equilbrium and so on. Or the other paper. Parts of mine were really hard, it didn't help that i couldn't remember most of my definitions and stuff!!!!!!
    Im doing that in class at the moment as revision, its a hard paper. I would have been screwed with it.. but apparetly a guy our teacher corrected got a whooping 98% in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 136 ✭✭HoboJesus

OctavarIan wrote:
    Harmless.

Stating the obvious in an unfriendly way ( "there's a search button just up there" ) isn't harmless. Maybe you were being helpful, but there was no reason to be so unfriendly about it.

• Advertisement

brid_m wrote:

mine was made up of loads from.. jaysus, i dont even know what chapters!
    they're from the end of the book.. and i hadn't revised them..

there was hardly anything on mechanics, which bugged me.
    and the question on light confused the hell outta me.

my Sect. A experiments were
    -Newtons 2nd law of motion
    -to plot the calibration curve of a thermometre
    -the varying current of a componenet with voltage (yknow the one where you have 5 sorta components..and they have different graphs. this one was a semiconductor i think)
    -speed of sound in air, with the resonance tube thingy

they a different paper to you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Dagnir Glaurung

Rockerette wrote:
    mine was made up of loads from.. jaysus, i dont even know what chapters!
    they're from the end of the book.. and i hadn't revised them..

there was hardly anything on mechanics, which bugged me.
    and the question on light confused the hell outta me.

my Sect. A experiments were
    -Newtons 2nd law of motion
    -to plot the calibration curve of a thermometre
    -the varying current of a componenet with voltage (yknow the one where you have 5 sorta components..and they have different graphs. this one was a semiconductor i think)
    -speed of sound in air, with the resonance tube thingy

they a different paper to you?

I got that one. I was delighted with the paper as I was doing Section A. Then I turned to Section B :( Absolute nightmare.

oh im glad it wasnt just me then!
    well.. everyone in our class thought it was horrible..

even the Q5, from Sect B was **** hard i thought, cos from past exam papers i'd usually get most of them right.
    answer 8 of those short questions? pfft.. i'd say i got about 3 right!

im aiming for a B1/A2 in june... i'd be lucky if i got a C3 in this one i think...

I got a different paper than u Rockerette- section A for me was focal lenght of a concave mirror, conditions for equilibrium, fusion of ice and reistance of a thermistor!!!
    I'm aiming for a good B aswell:eek: , fat chance of me getting it though!!!!:D
    I can't wait for all the exams to be over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have irish paper 2 and history of art tomorrow, and TG paper2 on tuesday. stress stress stress stress!!!
    My grad is on in 2weeks and then the orals are the week after that, its fcuking hetic!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭DonaldDuck

brid_m wrote:
    I got a different paper than u Rockerette- section A for me was focal lenght of a concave mirror, conditions for equilibrium, fusion of ice and reistance of a thermistor!!!
    I'm aiming for a good B aswell:eek: , fat chance of me getting it though!!!!:D
    I can't wait for all the exams to be over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i have irish paper 2 and history of art tomorrow, and TG paper2 on tuesday. stress stress stress stress!!!
    My grad is on in 2weeks and then the orals are the week after that, its fcuking hetic!!
    Did you get static electricity(coulombs law) on your paper?And did merchanics or waves come up?

Rockerette wrote:
    oh im glad it wasnt just me then!
    well.. everyone in our class thought it was horrible..

even the Q5, from Sect B was **** hard i thought, cos from past exam papers i'd usually get most of them right.
    answer 8 of those short questions? pfft.. i'd say i got about 3 right!

im aiming for a B1/A2 in june... i'd be lucky if i got a C3 in this one i think...

It was borrible...littered with mistakes as well. And I've just seen the marking scheme and it's messed up. On the first experiment the marks go for describing the conservation of momentum experiment and not Newton's second law :(

is that a mistake??
    im so confused...

hhmm.. i will probably get mine back tomorrow i think. eeeek..

Rockerette wrote:
    is that a mistake??
    im so confused...

Yeah, the question asked to desribe an experiment for Newton's Second Law but the marking scheme is for conservation of momentum. I'm really dreading the result now.

DonaldDuck wrote:
    Did you get static electricity(coulombs law) on your paper?And did merchanics or waves come up?

There was a part in Q5 asking why Coloumb's law was an example of an inverse square law. Q2 was mechanics- conditions for equilibrium (moments), Q6 was mechanics aswell and q7 was on waves.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 173 ✭✭DonaldDuck

brid_m wrote:
    There was a part in Q5 asking why Coloumb's law was an example of an inverse square law. Q2 was mechanics- conditions for equilibrium (moments), Q6 was mechanics aswell and q7 was on waves.
    Thanks a million,most papers seem very similar

• Advertisement

No problem. Hope you do better than i did at it!!!! Good Luck!

i got mine back today. 64%, slightly better than expected, considering the difficult paper.

one guy got 90%. EEEEK!

Thats great Rockerette!!! i can't believe yer man got 90%- must be a fecking genius.........or else he cheated!! (ah, no, i'm sure he didn't). I'll be lucky if i get 40%!!!!! I'll tell ya when i find out.... it'll prob be a while!!

brid_m wrote:
    Thats great Rockerette!!! i can't believe yer man got 90%- must be a fecking genius.........or else he cheated!! (ah, no, i'm sure he didn't). I'll be lucky if i get 40%!!!!! I'll tell ya when i find out.... it'll prob be a while!!

hehe thanks, yeah i was pleased cosiderng the difficult paper!

yeah the guy who got 90% is pretty damn smart alright, but we're all happy for him, cos he's working so hard :)

yeeeah let me know how you get on, hopefully you'll pass at least!
    *crosses fingers for you*

Thanks. I have my fingers crossed too. I'm getting grinds........so it'll look pretty bad 4 him if i fail (he he he he.. ahm ... aw!!)
    Lucky bastard (yer man who got 90%), no matter how hard i study the dtuff won't stay there!!!!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Lord Oz

Physics is a bitch to get an A in, you need so much precision and attention to detail.

Yeah?? Apparently i'm well able ta get an A in higher physics.............................HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!
    on a serious note (ha) I was told if you know the formulas, definitions and the experiments well you're sorted........ i don't think they realised thats pretty much everything in the book!!!!!!!1

Lord Oz wrote:
    Physics is a bitch to get an A in, you need so much precision and attention to detail.

i know a good few people who have gotten As, and my teacher told me i should be aiming for one.
    i've gotten on pretty well in most of my other exams in it (apart from this last one :o ) and its just about learnign and understanding it all, i woulda said its one of my easier subjects to get an A in... :confused:

Hey, just ta let ye know, i got 45%!! I thought i had done better, but 45% was pretty much the average in the class. We're getting another exam in may to see if we've improved so that should be fun:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement