Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Ares TAR-21 Tavor Review-Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,532 ✭✭✭Rooky1

I wonder when that kit will be out!
    I do like the sound of that.
    Thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭rossism

one of mine works:p.
    the other has hop up problems:(

• Registered Users Posts: 6,261 ✭✭✭Puding

red wolf have the ares scope rail mount for the tavor along with the side mount for lights/lasers ect etc

have both on order should be hear by friday or monday at the latest

Shooter Side Rail for ARES TAR-21

Shooter Top Scope Rail for ARES TAR-21

the other has hop up problems

mine was very sensitive so replaced all the wheels and internals with guarder versions and fixed the problems, another i fixed for a friend i just need to place a shim under the main wheel as it was too loss

DSC_51080001.jpg

stock hop up , i've never been a fan of the star/ares hop up bucking and nub, i find the hope up far to soft normal and never liked the built in hop up nub in the arm or i normal replace this

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭rossism

thanks for the info pudding.

the broken ones less then a week old do.so i think i might just bring it back and ask them to have a look at it as i wouldnt be able to strip the gun myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,205 ✭✭✭Firekitten

Puding wrote: »
    red wolf have the ares scope rail mount for the tavor along with the side mount for lights/lasers ect etc

have both on order should be hear by friday or monday at the latest

Shooter Side Rail for ARES TAR-21

Shooter Top Scope Rail for ARES TAR-21
    Growl... couldnt they have atleast made it accurate to the RS? ill keep my custom jobbie thanks :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Firekitten wrote: »
    Growl... couldnt they have atleast made it accurate to the RS? ill keep my custom jobbie thanks :P

Whats wrong with the design of the rail/rails?

was what i was thinking, from all the pictures i've seen they look pretty close

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

was what i was thinking, from all the pictures i've seen they look pretty close

I think, and I'm open to correction here by FireKitten, that the top rail mount they've made looks like it will sit too low.

65743717.png
    tavor_idf_2.jpg

true from pictures height is right issue is the mounts for the acog seem to replace the rear sight as well as above, so unless a complete new top section is made it is never going to be 100% accurate, the issue with any mount that just sit in from the iron sights is i find its too far forward to be comfortable at time, the rail system in the picture allows the acog to site further back

edit: then again you do have this a lot highter allowing the acog to site back a lot more as its over the top of the iron sight, seen so many differant types of mounts and there in service

tavor04xp3.jpg

• Advertisement

Then you have this.

tavor_04.jpg

Then you have this.

i was too slow :)

dunno if my photo is still around in this thread god knows how many pages back, but thats what i prefered... the higher mount that maintains the rear buis...

the released rail practically sits flat on the reciver unlike any real steel version

Firekitten wrote: »
    dunno if my photo is still around in this thread god knows how many pages back, but thats what i prefered... the higher mount that maintains the rear buis...

the released rail practically sits flat on the reciver unlike any real steel version

Yeah, your setup on page 4 is fairly close to being spot on.

Even the TSI TAR has the rail near flush on the receiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭cplcummins

can it take a lipo 11v?
    is it east to mount rails on to?

rails can be mounted if you read the thread....and an 11.1 isnt recomended, although with mine, the stock rate of fire and response is already insanely high... Infact one person here had thier tavor eat itself for using an 11.1...

would not recommend sticking a 11.1 in stock, the piston does not even have the second tooth removed, you would need to strip the gearbox down mod the piston check the angle of engagement all the normal stuff for hi rof to maintain a healthy piston beyond a few hundred rounds

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 noxid

What is the correct procedure for adjusting the screw on the back of the motor.?

Step one.) Insert Heli screwdriver.
    Step two.) Apply horizontal torque to the screwdriver.
    Step three.) Stop.
    Step four.) Remove Hexi screwdriver.
    Step five.) Pat self on back for a job well done.
    Step six.) Think perhaps before posting next time.

The end.

What is the correct procedure for adjusting the screw on the back of the motor.?

when adjusting the motor height you really need to play it by ear literately :) make shore you have no magazine in insert an alen key into the hole behind the motor in the motor cage, this is where you need to use your ear,

turn the key one way or the other, you want to listen for a change in the pitch of the motor, best to fire a shot and then turn the alen key about 1/4 of a turn each time and then fire,

you need to adjust until the noise is smooth and no screeching from the motor, to little pressure and the motor will make a high pitch noise, if the motor is adjusted too high to much pressure is applied to the bevel gear and the pitch will change again and the gearbox turn cycling will slow down

maybe get of high horse before posting yourself next time?

• Advertisement

maybe get a humour implant next time.:rolleyes:

maybe get a humour implant next time.

your post was not even useful and not even funny and completely missed the important information on adjusting motor height, its not as if you do not know how to answer the question, you just choose not to answer the question but instead to give a cocky answer to make someone feel stupid and yourself big

guy creates an account to ask a question and you can not give a straight answer

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

Puding is bang on.

I do it by firing the thing in fully automatic while adjusting the screw slightly. it usually only needs a small movement either way and as he said, you'll hear the difference. :)

your post was not even useful and not even funny and completely missed the important information on adjusting motor height, its not as if you do not know how to answer the question, you just choose not to answer the question but instead to give a cocky answer to make someone feel stupid and yourself big

guy creates an account to ask a question and you can not give a straight answer
    Its not even a remotely hard question... Its common knowlage to the most basic of airsofters with no technical experience... turny icle screw = better or worse...
    Its about as technically demanding as scratching your head.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Masada

It may be simple for someone with experience, but obviously not for the person who posted it.
    Im a firm believer in "the only stupid question is the one you never asked."

:)

Its not even a remotely hard question... Its common knowlage to the most basic of airsofters with no technical experience... turny icle screw = better or worse...
    Its about as technically demanding as scratching your head.

its only simple if you know the answer, just because you know the answer do not assume others do, if you don;t want to help someone do everyone a favor and maybe don't post anything?

i can not believe your arrogance

edit :
    "the only stupid question is the one you never asked."

could not agree more

• Registered Users Posts: 9,746 ✭✭✭DeBurca

?

gets my vote for post of the day

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 noxid

Re motor screw adjustment. Thanks to all who replied except Firekitten ,the reason I asked is that in turning the screw half a turn either direction the is no change in motor noise.

Honestly... I'm crying here...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 651 ✭✭✭conor-mr2

Im sorry Firekitten, I dont post often but I have to agree with the guys.

I dont doubt your knowledge on the Tar21 and certainly your review was excellent. In fact your posts in general are good and helpful but even when I read the

I thought hmm thats not really called for and I believe thats where the guys are coming from here.

Offer advice freely to people without arrogance and they will admire you.
    Others will respect you.

In any case I dont want to dilute this thread as I fear it might go offtopic quickly .

Advertisement