Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

You are following this thread UFC 196 Hotel/Flights/Bars/Comps/Currency

• 31-01-2016 8:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭

Thought id start a new thread for people heading over giving and receiving advice.

If anyone has fight club i could use for Weigh in advance tix be great

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭welchy

Flights and event tickets booked. 4 nights in the MGM. Cant wait! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

How much is at all coming to for you in total lads?

Flights were just over 400€ return each (two of us going over), tickets €425 a pop and 4 nights in the MGM 500€ per person including the resort fees and taxes etc. Have a hotel code for 35$ in house spending per day which is handy.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

Paully D wrote: »
    How much is at all coming to for you in total lads?

Dam typo #Ufc 196.... MOD fix?

€615 flights and accom in Excalibur you lads been over before?
    Do I need to just queue for the weigh in or do I need to get fight club?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

preddy wrote: »
    Dam typo #Ufc 196.... MOD fix?

€615 flights and accom in Excalibur you lads been over before?
    Do I need to just queue for the weigh in or do I need to get fight club?

Fight club just gets you in 30 mins early. You'll have no problem getting in without fight club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭glass half full

Going for 11 days; Sun to weds, MGM. LA for a few days before Vegas.

Must say that this site has zero buzz about this Huuuuuuge fight! I don't know what has happened.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Going for 11 days; Sun to weds, MGM. LA for a few days before Vegas.

Must say that this site has zero buzz about this Huuuuuuge fight! I don't know what has happened.

Yeah its a bit strange at the minute. I think its a bit of a hangover from the long Aldo build up and also not as many people making this journey I reckon. I'd love to be going again, just can't afford it unfortunately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Another thread? :confused: The 194 thread has absoluutely every bit of info an Irish UFC fan going to Vegas needs. Don't see the point in this thread preddy, especially as you're askign the same questions as you did in the other thread and had them answered.

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭glass half full

Devastator wrote: »
    Another thread? :confused: The 194 thread has absoluutely every bit of info an Irish UFC fan going to Vegas needs. Don't see the point in this thread preddy, especially as you're askign the same questions as you did in the other thread and had them answered.

I understand totally where you are coming from in relation to that aspect but I what I meant was that there is no thread for the event itself. No discussion on it. Front page of MMA on Boards is Bader v Johnson, General Chat and Dana White's Looking for a fight.

I know the site was down for a week or so but there is no mention of a superfight, title v title featuring an IRISH fighter. Just surprised me.

I'll put up a UFC 196 thread now. Just stating that it is a disappointment that there is no hype\banter here.

Over and out

P.S. I know most of us are probably on r/mma now but Boards MMA had the local feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭preddy

Devastator wrote: »

Living in the past man lets move on and get the build up going, nobody wants to read 17 pages of posts lets start a fresh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

I understand totally where you are coming from in relation to that aspect but I what I meant was that there is no thread for the event itself. No discussion on it. Front page of MMA on Boards is Bader v Johnson, General Chat and Dana White's Looking for a fight.

I know the site was down for a week or so but there is no mention of a superfight, title v title featuring an IRISH fighter. Just surprised me.

I'll put up a UFC 196 thread now. Just stating that it is a disappointment that there is no hype\banter here.

Over and out

P.S. I know most of us are probably on r/mma now but Boards MMA had the local feel.

There was a thread which the mods close because the fight was too far out. Already a McGregor dedicated thread for any chat anyway :confused:
    preddy wrote: »
    Living in the past man lets move on and get the build up going, nobody wants to read 17 pages of posts lets start a fresh.

:rolleyes: If they wanted some useful info they would have no problem :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

welchy wrote: »
    Flights were just over 400€ return each (two of us going over), tickets €425 a pop and 4 nights in the MGM 500€ per person including the resort fees and taxes etc. Have a hotel code for 35$ in house spending per day which is handy.

How did you get the $35 in house spending per day code? I'm staying in the MGM as well so anything to reduce the cost of that is always good!!

Also, anyone know where you would find a listing of events for the week of the fight - open workouts, weigh-ins, etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Get the Nachos in the tap bar in mgm yummmm

Love to head over again but not to be, UFC 200 might be an option yet but prices will be sick and flights and hotel a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,663 ✭✭✭JoeyJJ

Get the Nachos in the tap bar in mgm yummmm

Love to head over again but not to be, UFC 200 might be an option yet but prices will be sick and flights and hotel a lot more.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Missing out on 197 by five days and missing canelo kahn by a week, right bang in the middle of both events. First time in Vegas and staying in the Signature MGM, anyone any tips/recommendations? They will be filming TUF while I'm there any idea if I rocked out to the gym what would happen? Wouldn't mind meeting joanna Champion.

How did you get the $35 in house spending per day code? I'm staying in the MGM as well so anything to reduce the cost of that is always good!!

Also, anyone know where you would find a listing of events for the week of the fight - open workouts, weigh-ins, etc?

Use the code MSTY5115 in the promo code box when you book on the MGM website. There's a list of all the different promo codes here: http://www.smartervegas.com/hotels/mgm_grand/promotionalcodes.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

welchy wrote: »
    Use the code MSTY5115 in the promo code box when you book on the MGM website. There's a list of all the different promo codes here: http://www.smartervegas.com/hotels/mgm_grand/promotionalcodes.aspx

Ah right, I booked through a work Group Scheme agency so unfortunately can't use any promo codes on that booking. Still, got a good deal through the Group Scheme (Grand 2 Queen Bed Room for the same price as a 1 King West Wing room) so I can't really complain!

Advertisement